British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hello Everyone (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hello-everyone-533817/)

shirl May 2nd 2008 11:09 am

Hello Everyone

Hi - I am Shirley and my other half is Clive. We moved here in December 2006 and are just in the process of getting out of our rental and buying a place of our own in Rangiora North Canterbury. We have 2 daughters living here and 4 grandchildren and a son in the USA. We love it here. I won't say it has been easy for us even with family support well not for me anyway. Clive got work quickly but I am still searching. Not made many friends either but then I need to work to get my network of friends going. Looking forward to my interview on Tuesday and keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome.:) Looking forward to reading all the posts.

dynnif May 2nd 2008 2:36 pm

Re: Hello Everyone

hi there maxine from wales here
wishing you all the best for your future hope interview goes well

hjmilligan May 2nd 2008 10:19 pm

Hi Shirley,

We live in Rangiora too love it here,2 kids at the high school who have made lots of friends. Kids have settled well so now im job hunting. Just waiting on a decision for a cafe management job in the city should know next week.
Good luck with the move,if you need a hand or want to meet for coffee PM me.

Helen

shirl May 4th 2008 7:03 am

Hi Helen

It would be great to meet you for coffee once we are settled in. I too have an interview next week - in Rangiora. Keeping my fingers crossed for success. Have had loads this year, I feel my confidence has waned as I am always getting the brush off. Never had this problem in the UK before.!!

hjmilligan May 4th 2008 10:57 pm

Hi Shirl,

Yes i have found that too! Should find out this week if i got job.
Fingers crossed for both of us!!

Good luck :thumbsup:
Helen

shirl May 5th 2008 1:07 am

Originally Posted by hjmilligan (Post 6307589)
Hi Shirl,

Yes i have found that too! Should find out this week if i got job.
Fingers crossed for both of us!!

Good luck :thumbsup:
Helen

Hi Helen

I see you are fans of Liverpool, my hubby is Liverpool mad. You should get on well!!! Me I hate football but suffer it - I leave the room and go on the PC when Footie is on - gives me a good excuse anyway!!! LOL

hjmilligan May 22nd 2008 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by shirl (Post 6307882)
Hi Helen

I see you are fans of Liverpool, my hubby is Liverpool mad. You should get on well!!! Me I hate football but suffer it - I leave the room and go on the PC when Footie is on - gives me a good excuse anyway!!! LOL

Oh yes,get to watch most of the games for free here,don't have to pay skysports!! Just have to get up early to watch them so you should be ok as you can stay in bed ;) I got the job at the cafe in CHC but they left a few things out at the interview when i started;

Open 365 days a year(including xmas day & boxing day!!)
No weekends off!!
They advertisted as daytime hours,but the cafe is open till 9pm in summer so wouldnt be getting home till 10.30!!!

So after 3 days i left!!:lol: Have you had any news?

Helen