Hello everyone

Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

steviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant future
Default Hello everyone

Hi

My wife and I are looking into moving to Hawke's Bay and are at the early stage of planning. We are going to the area in June for a look but i'm already sold on the move.

How have those who have made the move found fitting in socially we both have a large group of friends here in Glasgow and will be sad to leave them behind but life here is just getting us down. We both work for the NHS and feel very undervalued .

I have heard that people are more open and friendly in NZ is this others experience?

Thanks
Stevie
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

traciridgwell will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Hello everyone

Hi! Its great to see someone else is fed up with the NHS!! We too are looking to make the move to the Hawkes Bay area. Good luck to you - I hope we both get there!! Regards, Traci
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello everyone

Hi & welcome to you both,
You'll find quite a few ex NHS workers on the forum. Myself & hubby both worked for NHS in UK. The health system here isn't without it's fair share of problems, just on a far smaller scale. But it is so good to get out of that rat race.
Good luck with your plans.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traciridgwell
Hi! Its great to see someone else is fed up with the NHS!! We too are looking to make the move to the Hawkes Bay area. Good luck to you - I hope we both get there!! Regards, Traci
Hi Hubby also a nurse in NHS we are also hoping to be in Hawkes bay by the end of the year
Good to see a few more Brits heading that way
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

klicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant future

Hi moomoo !Just noticed you live quite near me !! I live in wokingham !! WE (family of 6 ) are hoping to relocate to NZ mayby this year !! Fingers crossed ! Hubs is going through with job-interviews at the mo !! looks like the job is in wellington!Anyway good luck with everything !! Its very exciting but also very scary in a way !!emotions are hitting the roof !! haha....but in a good way...
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

steviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant future

Moomoo hope you or your husband can help. i'm a dentist and my job is more or less constant everywhere in the world ie causing pain!! could you shed any light on the difference between nursing in the UK and nursing in NZ? My wife has done some internet research but can't get much info. We have noticed a few people on this forum saying the job is very different?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Klicker

Yes Wokingham not far from me There is another poster hjmilligan who posts on here also from Reading, who is now in Christchurch Nz who has been a help to me, it is nice when others from the same area as you have done the move , as they can answer a lot of your queries, she helped me with a few

yes the plans to move to NZ are very scarey, happy and exciting all in one

We have been planing coming to NZ for about 5yrs so the reality of it finally happeneing is very scarey indeed
But us as a family of 5 are really looking forward to it

Good luck with the Move To wellington.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steviebhoy
Moomoo hope you or your husband can help. i'm a dentist and my job is more or less constant everywhere in the world ie causing pain!! could you shed any light on the difference between nursing in the UK and nursing in NZ? My wife has done some internet research but can't get much info. We have noticed a few people on this forum saying the job is very different?

Hi Steve

Hubby has a Kiwi friend from Hawkes bay who is going home this year too and is a nurse, she has helped us a little but as she has been in the UK for the last 15yrs or so i think, it has changed a bit from when she nursed there
Nursing as we have found out from others tends to be quite different not so many patients to nurse ratio is one factor we found out, i will get hubby to post a reply to you as he will be able to help you better than me

We have a meeting in April with a NZ nursing consultant company that are in London recuiting for nurses, we are hoping they will be able to help with a lot of our questions to nursing in Nz so i will keep you posted on that score. Are you and your wife going to any of the NZ Expos, we are going to the London one on 6Th April i am told there are a lot of Health boards that go and a lot of information you are able to gain and pick up there, that is supposed to be extremly helpful, maybe you should consider going if at all possible

We get hubby to post any info he does have for you, have you checked out the Hawkes Bay District Health Board website, i don`t know if that would be any help you at all.

Pm me if you need to and we will try and help as much as we can, with what we have found out.

Take care

Moo
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Also have you yet spoke to bourbon-biscuit, they are already In Hawkes Bay and i am pretty sure his wife is a Nurse at Hastings Hospital, they may also be able to help if you ask