Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from Dunedin

Hello from Dunedin

Old Aug 18th 2009, 1:40 am
Just Joined

ronnie don is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hello from Dunedin

Oh my I so wish I had found this site a year or so ago!!!
I moved over here with my husband over a year ago and my daughter who is 5. I was 7 months pregnant at the time (my son is now 1).

Just thought I would say hi and if there are any expats who are thinking of coming to Dunedin get in touch I would be happy to help and let you know about my experience so far.

Put it this way...I certainly will not be returning to the UK! Yes I miss my family and friends but the way I see it is I am only a day away!! And I have lots of friends here now.

I moved here April last year and in that time I had a baby, got married, bought a house and got a dog and swine flu!! So yes I have been through every emotion possible and now everything is settled I can honestly say I love living here! Im even obsessed with the weather like all the locals are!! Looking forward to some north westerlies this week!

Last edited by ronnie don; Aug 18th 2009 at 1:41 am. Reason: forgot the f on from in the title
Old Aug 18th 2009, 2:13 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Dunedin

Originally Posted by ronnie don
Oh my I so wish I had found this site a year or so ago!!!
I moved over here with my husband over a year ago and my daughter who is 5. I was 7 months pregnant at the time (my son is now 1).

Just thought I would say hi and if there are any expats who are thinking of coming to Dunedin get in touch I would be happy to help and let you know about my experience so far.

Put it this way...I certainly will not be returning to the UK! Yes I miss my family and friends but the way I see it is I am only a day away!! And I have lots of friends here now.

I moved here April last year and in that time I had a baby, got married, bought a house and got a dog and swine flu!! So yes I have been through every emotion possible and now everything is settled I can honestly say I love living here! Im even obsessed with the weather like all the locals are!! Looking forward to some north westerlies this week!
Hi - welcome to the forum. Glad to see you're enjoying the fine lifestyle this city offers.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:33 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Dunedin

Hi & welcome
Quite a busy year that you have had!

OH Kiwi hope to move over next year Jan, Feb, March who knows all dependent on house sale.

Glad you are enjoying life in NZ so much

Dewb
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:16 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Question Re: Hello from Dunedin

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Hi & welcome
Quite a busy year that you have had!

OH Kiwi hope to move over next year Jan, Feb, March who knows all dependent on house sale.

Glad you are enjoying life in NZ so much

Dewb
HI and welcome, good on you, busy girl you have been! We are hoping to be out there jan 2010, however, we plan on going north to tauranga(bay of plenty). How long did it take you all to settle in??

Last edited by willand tina_h; Aug 18th 2009 at 10:17 pm. Reason: spelling mistae, i wrote god instead of good, lol.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

ronnie don is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Hello from Dunedin

It took my hubby and little girl no time to settle in as all his family are here..but me it took awhile but I guess if I hadn't of had a baby as soon as I got here it wouldn't of taken me that long as thats hard work being around people you know nevermind in a new country! Now I can honestly say I am in a happy place yes I do miss people in the UK but the lifestyle that me and the kiddies have here makes up for that and the people here are great just having the beach and gorgeous scenery on our doorstep makes up for everything! Good luck with the move!!