Hello :D

Old May 10th 2010, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

elbandidos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello :D

Hi coming to New Zealand is a long time dream of ours but recent life choices mean it'll take us a good long time, we need to start planning for it now though and this looked like a great place to start

We're Bev & Pete and we live in South Cumbria, just a stones throw from the Lake District, with our 3 kids who are 3,5 and 7.
Pete worked in the subsea oil & gas industry until last year when he had a little crisis and went back to uni at 31 to study music production and is also a part time gigging musician. I (Bev) am a stay at home mum, part time wedding photographer, part way through an Open Uni degree and considering going back to uni fulltime in Sep 2011. We're planning to spend a month or so in NZ next year some time between May & September (It'll be a year of winter for us then!)

I'm really not sure what are chances are of moving to NZ in the professions we're moving to, so we're looking out for any advice that would help make our dream a little bit more feasible, and for anything we can do in the meantime to help us along the way.

Nice to meet you all
Old May 10th 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello :D

hello and welcome to the forum from another northern couple!

we also are going for a double winter as we are about to fly out in 3 weeks time!..enough said for bad planning!

good luck with your plans. it may seem a long way off, but the time will fly by
M&J
Old May 10th 2010, 3:09 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome to the site

Lake District, beautiful part of the country.

Sorry I am not to up on working visa etc as I am going on a spouse visa. Am sure others will be along who can help though.

A reccie is a great idea & in winter at least you will see it at its worst. Loads of research and asking questions on here is a good start for your big move

Welcome again
Dewb
Old May 10th 2010, 11:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to our little NZ forum.

Have a good browse around and ask away.

Would your husband consider a return to the subsea oil and gas industry here in NZ if it helped get you settled here?

Happy Postings.
Old May 11th 2010, 9:41 am
Just Joined

elbandidos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Kia Ora and welcome to our little NZ forum.

Have a good browse around and ask away.

Would your husband consider a return to the subsea oil and gas industry here in NZ if it helped get you settled here?

Happy Postings.
thanks all

BEVS, he might, but it's doubtful. The whole music thing is taking off rather better than he expected. That said, he says he wouldn't rule it out!

I've done half a degree in Environmental Science thus far (through OU), though I was planning to put it on hold and do a photography/journalism double honours full time(Being as I'm more interested in that than environmental science). Don't know if any of those would help.