British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hello from the Cruickshanks. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hello-cruickshanks-435505/)

The Cruickshanks Mar 18th 2007 5:05 pm

Hello from the Cruickshanks.

Hiya everyone. We're new. I'm Kim aka Mrs C and there is also my husband Adam and children Ellie 4 and Noah 2 with also baby number 3 due in June (i know i must be mad). At the moment we live on Hayling Island (south coast of England) but have never been truly happy in England. We've tried many different places in England hence the reason my daughter is only 4 and currently living in her 7th house. So why New Zealand, a major part i guess is down to the fact that my mum, auntie, uncle and their children are moving out in the next few months. I also want us to have more of an outdoor lifestyle and be around friendlier people (its a shame but i've yet to find one where i live at the mo).

I think are only way in is just to come over on a visitor visa and hopefully my husband will get a job offer. We have no house to sell and not alot to loose. I don't work and my husband hasn't got a great paying job so we're thinking what the hell if all we get out of it is the fact that we've lived in nz for 6 months then it can't be that bad.

We're probably looking to come Auckland way but obviously will go where the work is. Adam is a estate agent so if anyone has any info about getting into that line of work would be very grateful.

Look forward to speaking to you all.

Kim

phil01 Mar 18th 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Hello from the Cruickshanks.

Originally Posted by The Cruickshanks (Post 4531295)
Hiya everyone. We're new. I'm Kim aka Mrs C and there is also my husband Adam and children Ellie 4 and Noah 2 with also baby number 3 due in June (i know i must be mad). At the moment we live on Hayling Island (south coast of England) but have never been truly happy in England. We've tried many different places in England hence the reason my daughter is only 4 and currently living in her 7th house. So why New Zealand, a major part i guess is down to the fact that my mum, auntie, uncle and their children are moving out in the next few months. I also want us to have more of an outdoor lifestyle and be around friendlier people (its a shame but i've yet to find one where i live at the mo).

I think are only way in is just to come over on a visitor visa and hopefully my husband will get a job offer. We have no house to sell and not alot to loose. I don't work and my husband hasn't got a great paying job so we're thinking what the hell if all we get out of it is the fact that we've lived in nz for 6 months then it can't be that bad.

We're probably looking to come Auckland way but obviously will go where the work is. Adam is a estate agent so if anyone has any info about getting into that line of work would be very grateful.

Kim

Hi and welcome,
some real estate agent websites are www.professionals.co.nz, www.barfoot.co.nz, www.ljhooker.co.nz. (hookers have a career page so a good one to start with)

Normally real estate agents over here are self employed and work on commission only so I don't think it would help in terms of visas...but if you contact a few they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Alternatively check out vacancies on seek.

Whereabouts in NZ are your family moving to...and do you intend to be near them?

Good luck!
Debbie

poppets Mar 19th 2007 10:02 am

Kim

hi & welcome
theres a member on here (cottageinthesky) who works as a real estate agent in wellington, so you may want to get in touch with her, she's lovely & rewally helpful
good luck xx

leaseuk Mar 19th 2007 8:38 pm

Hi there Crookshanks (sorry, couldn't resist - like the cat in Harry Potter).

Welcome to the site. You'll find it a world of information. I'm a kiwi moving back and I love looking here for answers to questions I have. If I don't know something someone on here will!

I also spent a lot of time being voyueristic before I was brave enough to post.

Welcome

Am Loolah Mar 19th 2007 8:39 pm

Kim

Hi Kim and welcome,

Your hubby will have to have the Real estate Salespersons Certificate before he can work in NZ, for more info try www.reinz.co.nz and definately try and catch Cottageinthesky like Poppets said.

P2L Mar 19th 2007 10:23 pm

Kim

Good evening & welcome the Cruickshanks :thumbsup:

You don't have to be mad to join in here but believe me it helps :rofl: :rofl:
If you have any questions, no matter how trivial, someone will be able to help :)

UKNZAUS Mar 20th 2007 2:36 pm

Hi and welcome to you all

Shout out of you need help, someone is always here to answer!

Michelle xx