Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello - coming to Dunedin

Hello - coming to Dunedin

Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello - coming to Dunedin

Hi there,

Just stopping by to introduce myself. Been a member for a while, dipping in and out while we thought about moving.

Hubby and I are both nurses and have managed to secure ourselves jobs down in Dunedin, and we are about to send in our EOI. So, fingers crossed if everything goes smoothly we'll be moving out in the next few months. We're currently in North Wales, so people say we should settle OK in Dunedin.

Would love to hear from anyone in the proximity and anyone else who'd like to make us a cuppa on our travels around NZ!!

Sarah
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:39 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - coming to Dunedin

Hi - welcome to BE. Hope the paper work goes well, and look forward to seeing you in Dunedin. Just post or pm if you have any queries.

Good to see that that nursing shortage is being addressed.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
Welcome to BE.
I am also a nurse and hope to be heading to Dunedin in the near future. Waiting to hear from the NCNZ then securing a job before submitting EOI. Have had a call from manager at Dunedin hospital so looks hopeful. All the best and maybe we will be able to meet up in Dunedin at some point.

Phyllis
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the welcome Southerner and Weejie.

The waiting for the NCNZ registration and the wondering if we were doing the right thing has bought out the neurotic in me!! However, since hearing that we were being offered jobs, I'm glad to say that I'm back to being fairly laid back and excited about everything. Have never even visited NZ before so it's a big adventure - especially as we're not spring chickens!

Phyllis -keep me posted about your registration/job application. I found the NCNZ very curt in email but very friendly and helpful on the 'phone!

Sarah
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to NZ BE . Have some newbie karma
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah

thanks for the tip about NCNZ. At the moment I haven't had a problem emailing them but suppose it could change! I did get in touch re if they had received my application to be told they hadn't!!! but when I checked with the post office tracking service it had been signed for 4 days earlier:curse: Have decided to wait until the end of the month then will be in touch again....don't want to be too much of a pest to start with.

Would be good to keep in touch either on here or PM'ing each other. See my post "caught on the hop" as it has the trials and tribulations re a job,which I updated today.( don't know how to post a link to it!!)

Phyllis
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Kaz n Joolz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Hello - coming to Dunedin

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Really glad to hear you're planning to come to Dunedin, it's a great place, we've been here about 18months and love it.

What area of nursing do you work in? I'm a nurse but not general trained so may not be able to help much with general nursing quieries about Dunedin however am more than willing to try to answer any general nursing questions or questions about Dunedin in general.

Good luck!!

Karen
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

Hello and welcome to the site

Good look with your paperwork, you will have no problems given your employment situation I am sure.

We live in Timaru which is about 4 hours North of Dunedin. Haven't actually been to Dunedin yet but I have been told it is very nice. If you are ever up our way send us a PM as we always welcome people.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone,

I don't check in every day (or every week!) so apologies if you think I'm ignoring you - I'm not

With regards to nursing, I'm general and psych trained - hubby is psych trained, so he's going to the main psych hospital in Dunedin and I'm going to prison ( - my reputation obviously precedes me )
Having said that, we're still waiting for the 'official' job offers via snail mail but I'm sure they will arrive any day now - fingers crossed!

I'll have a read of your post Phyllis and catch up with your job hunt.
Kaz - I'm interested in anything about Dunedin so feel free to share your wisdom!
Stef_Paul - thanks for the invite, we're planning on travelling around to see as much as we can so may well take you up on the offer of a visit to Timaru!
Bevshere - thankyou for my Karma. Makes me feel very welcome!

To all, if you want to pm I will get back to you - as I said before I just don't come online everyday - but I will pop up here and there I'm sure.

I will keep you updated with our progress.

Best wishes, Sarah