Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello all. Thinking of New Zealand

Hello all. Thinking of New Zealand

Old Sep 5th 2011, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

boa119 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello all. Thinking of New Zealand

Just saying hello. Have recently been on holiday to New Zealand with my wife and son (daughter stayed at home) We all loved it and it started us thinking about emigrating. Unfortunately my job does not appear on any of the 'wanted' lists but thought I would join the group to see what people thought of New Zealand. It's good to get such a wide range of views!
Old Sep 5th 2011, 1:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all. Thinking of New Zealand

Hi boa119,

Welcome to BritishExpats. I hope you enjoying being part of our community.

I've moved your post into our New Zealand introduction forum for you and I'm are some of our New Zealand members will be along soon to say hi.

In the meantime have a look around, read some threads and get to know everyone.

Sue
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora Boa119 and welcome to our cosy wee forum.

Have a good browse around and feel free to ask away about anything and everything.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

welcome to the forum. we emigrated a little over a year ago from Manchester, England and are loving every minute of it. we probably fall into the category of the 'happy clappers' as we dont really have anything bad to say. everything is an improvement for us. the climate, standard of living, hobbies, etc.. and if anything is worse than the UK- then we know we are in a tiny country plonked in the middle of nowhere and expect somethings to be less than we were used to in England- which we embrace and put it down to the charm of living and working in NZ.
the benefits far outweigh the negatives for us, and we wish we could have moved here sooner!
what do you do for a living?
jax
Old Sep 7th 2011, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

boa119 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your welcomes! We liked nearly everything we saw and experienced. We only spent 10 days driving round the top half of the North Island in April but we enjoyed every minute of it. My wife had no intention of even thinking of emigrating but that soon changed after the holiday!I work as a Risk Assessor looking for Legionnaires Disease in water systems in England.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:59 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello from me and welcome too, we are a friendly lot so feel free to ask away with any questions you may have.