Reload this Page >

Hello All - New Member

Hello All - New Member

Old May 8th 2005, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Tony_Ch is on a distinguished road
Default Hello All - New Member

Hello all you guys on here

I have just registerd on here after a reccomendation from a friend - he's off to Oz i intend to go to NZ.

Thanks
Tony
Old May 8th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello All - New Member

Hi Tony_Ch

Nice to see you here.... I'm pretty new here too. We are moving to NZ in 4 weeks time!! When are you hoping to get there? Have you started the moving process yet?

SarahB
Old May 8th 2005, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Tony_Ch is on a distinguished road

not started the 'moving' yet. But i do have a residential visa (still trying to work out how long its valid for etc) and will start trying for jobs - no one seems interested without the visa (can't blame them for that though, must get a lot of time wasters)

just noticed you're in the east mids, mansfield here - Is this area that bad?

good luck with your move.

Tony
Old May 8th 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tony

We are in Peterborough.... its not too bad here to be honest. We are pretty central so its easy to get to most places with the A1 on our doorstep. We seem to get the best of the weather (except today!!). Only thing is we dont get to see the sea very often.... Sunny Hunny is one of our closest!

My partner has been offered a job within his company to go and work in NZ doing the same job he does here. We were going to go 2 years ago but it fell through then... now this time its worked out... it has taken 6 months from start to finish to apply for and get the Skilled Migrant Visa.... and to get the flights booked.

Never been to Mansfield erm.... would have to look at a map to see where it is. sorry! Is it nice there?
Old May 8th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi we are not far from you two either in the middle I guess in Grantham......well someone got to live here.

We are off to Australia but wanted to say welcome!!

Chris
Old May 8th 2005, 10:11 pm
enilorac

welcome to the madhouse...sent you some karma to get you off the ground...

Old May 8th 2005, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Tayberry will become famous soon enoughTayberry will become famous soon enough

Hello Tony-best of luck with your move to NZ!! And welcome too from me.
Are you single?
Old May 8th 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK Well at least I know here Grantham is... been there a few times but cannot remember why... doh!

When you off to Aus Chris? Got a mate who moved to Perth 2 years ago and he loves it there.
Old May 8th 2005, 10:13 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by Tayberry
Hello Tony-best of luck with your move to NZ!! And welcome too from me.
Are you single?
Iona...you shameless hussy...just doinked you for being so helpful to the noobs...

Old May 8th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by SarahB
OK Well at least I know here Grantham is... been there a few times but cannot remember why... doh!

When you off to Aus Chris? Got a mate who moved to Perth 2 years ago and he loves it there.

Hoping to move to Sydney Sept/Oct but depends on house sale got a job sorted and nomination for PR so just waiting for everything to happen.

Well Mansfield is about 30 miles from me, I did some of my nurse training in Mansfield, very fond memories of the nurses home in Harlow Wood hosp if Tony remembers it, I believe its a housing estate now.

Cant imagine why you would come to Grantham......... a take away mebbe...lol

Chris
Old May 8th 2005, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by enilorac
Iona...you shameless hussy...just doinked you for being so helpful to the noobs...
Well.....I've got to try!!!! Hahahahahaahhaha!! No, seriously though....spill the beans Tony-are you single? Fancy getting hitched? People do far worse things than getting married after 2 online posts on a web forum you know. Come on, it'd be a laugh. Your mum would love me!!!
Old May 8th 2005, 10:24 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by Tayberry
Well.....I've got to try!!!! Hahahahahaahhaha!! No, seriously though....spill the beans Tony-are you single? Fancy getting hitched? People do far worse things than getting married after 2 online posts on a web forum you know. Come on, it'd be a laugh. Your mum would love me!!!
step away from that wine bottle immediately.....

Old May 8th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

I used to work for Avis so I reckon I probably delivered some cars there!!

Also went to Arena UK to see a Monty Roberts demo... isnt that up your way somewhere? Or am I just being Blonde... (I am blonde so I can say this! hehe )

I think some of these others on here might end up on the Trisha show!
Old May 8th 2005, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by enilorac
step away from that wine bottle immediately.....
Listen Caroline, I may have given my liver a severe battering since arriving in NZ, with all the fine wines and that, but even I draw a line at drinking in the morning!!!

Tony is a lucky boy getting a marriage proposal when he's only posted twice here!!

Tony, I am joking you know (I'd be severely worried about your mental health if you thought I was serious) so please, don't let me put you off. How old are you? Any girlfriend on the scene.....?
Old May 8th 2005, 10:31 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by SarahB
I think some of these others on here might end up on the Trisha show!
Charming...I hope you weren't referring to moi....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.