Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

hello all, any advice gratefully received

hello all, any advice gratefully received

Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

nickandlyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hello all, any advice gratefully received

We havent put in out EOI form as yet mainly because partners qualifications are not recognised ( bummer) and we are sure our points will only get the basic 100 if that, my qualies are recognised,but not in the skill shortage list, we need jobs.... desperately!!! or should we put in our EOI and hope for the best? we are going to expo 07 in london in october, as there will be employers there, do you think it best to wait till then? we are gutted bout qualifications as they are on the skill shortage list, but he trained b4 C&G' took this course on but they wont recognise the training ( England aye!!!!) anyway folks Iv had a grumble, any idea where we go from here?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello all, any advice gratefully received

how about a work to residency visa?
you can use any nz work exp to count for points on any future applications
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there and welcome to this forum.

Can you let us all know what you are both trained in and what qualifications you both have.

Of course, job offers mean points and that means a better EOI application.

The London Expo is full of help and there will be some stands there looking to sign some people up to jobs. That's true.

If you let us know what you both do, someone may be able to point you in a helpful direction.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: hello all, any advice gratefully received

Many thanks for the info guys, to say we are a bit peeved at the mo is an understatement lol, nick is a domestic appliance service engineer with his own business, but has 15years experience in Roofing and still does occasional jobs if they are stuck, I am qualified hairdresser/beauty therapist, we have not been to NZ, my son has been between OZ & NZ for a year now taking his gap, he knows what we like and is sure we would be happy there, we have been looking to leave the UK 4a while, still in the process of trying to get C&G to recognise nick's qualification as his tutor was the guy who designed the course for them,fingers crossed.
Great to hear from you all, thanks again
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickandlyn
Many thanks for the info guys, to say we are a bit peeved at the mo is an understatement lol, nick is a domestic appliance service engineer with his own business, but has 15years experience in Roofing and still does occasional jobs if they are stuck, I am qualified hairdresser/beauty therapist, we have not been to NZ, my son has been between OZ & NZ for a year now taking his gap, he knows what we like and is sure we would be happy there, we have been looking to leave the UK 4a while, still in the process of trying to get C&G to recognise nick's qualification as his tutor was the guy who designed the course for them,fingers crossed.
Great to hear from you all, thanks again
I get vacancies emailed to me each week for the Bay of Plenty region.

I would be more than happy to forward them onto you. Just give me a PM with your email addy and I can fire them across.

Neither mine nor the OH work is on the Long Term list but we have found work through the emails we recieve and have now sold our house and going over in Jan 08 with our 4 kids and not much else. Its do-able and possible.

Nici
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:44 am
`

nick is a domestic appliance service engineer with his own business, but has 15years experience in Roofing and still does occasional jobs if they are stuck,

still in the process of trying to get C&G to recognise nick's qualification
Which qualification is that please?
Is it for roofing?

tutor was the guy who designed the course for them
Which college , where and what certificate was at the end of this.

How long was the course for ?

Also, how long have you been a fully qualified hairdresser
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again Nick has a diploma from St Elizabeths college, Leatherhead, in Domestic appliance servicing with PCB assembly included (?) when he took this course in 1998 there was no C&G equivalent, this was the only college in the country to run this course. I qualified in hairdressing in 1995, then took 2yrs in beauty therapy, been doing them both since, with a yr out last year I went to Uni, due to start back this sept doing complimentary therapies degree. Been reading on Gov site ,if we came over to try to work to residence it has to be a Government approved company, what if you can get work but not with them? will they not let you have a work visa? Nick hasnt got qualifications in Roofing, just time served, but does most of the Heritage and National Trust work around here, he can pick his jobs in roofing as hes experienced in "leading" etc. I havent a clue what that is lol ( no Im not blonde,just having a blonde moment, been doing some retail therapy clothes shop and im shattered) anyway good to hear from you, thanks for all the info, keep it coming, it really helps, take care for now
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kato33
I get vacancies emailed to me each week for the Bay of Plenty region.

I would be more than happy to forward them onto you. Just give me a PM with your email addy and I can fire them across.

Neither mine nor the OH work is on the Long Term list but we have found work through the emails we recieve and have now sold our house and going over in Jan 08 with our 4 kids and not much else. Its do-able and possible.

Nici
that would be very much appreciated, congrats on the jobs and hope everything goes smoothly for you all, would be good if we could keep in touch, let us know how your doing, it would be exciting to see how each step is going, my mail is < snippity snip>, im dying to know how your feeling bout it !!!!!

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 19th 2007 at 11:11 pm. Reason: email address removed. Not a good idea to put on an open forum. Invites to PM safer.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:19 pm
`

To send a PM which is a Private message to someone else on the forum left click over their user name A drop down menu will appear. Left click on the 2nd option down and it will open a new window which is for sending a private message.