British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hello All! Another Newbie thread! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hello-all-another-newbie-thread-444736/)

NLSE Apr 24th 2007 8:44 pm

Hello All! Another Newbie thread!

Hello People!

Been viewing for a while (like many - great site - thank you!:thumbsup: ) and now a registered member! :D

Just wanting to say hello and to ask for any comments on the work front if possible, please.

Basically, we have sold our house and are able to rent in the meantime. Husband’s bricklaying certificates are in transit to New Zealand’s Qualifications Authority for recognition into NZ qualifications. His carpentry qualifications will be processed soon after. EOI nearly complete (115 so far). Police check forms in post.

Now really wondering what will happen next…. :confused: I suppose he really needs a job offer. Husband - Bricklayer and carpenter for last 20 years and very hard working. Also, how do we obtain the medical? Any help would be appreciated, please! :)

Also, not sure where to go - north island most probably - Bay of Plenty looks good! But, would really would like to go where hubby’s brickie/chipie skills are most needed. He’d also like to build our own house for us and our 2 sons. (Age 9 and 6).

We thought about going through an agency to sort everything for us - but have decided to go it alone. :ohmy:

Many thanks in advance!

NLSE

NLSE Apr 24th 2007 8:54 pm

Re: Hello All! Another Newbie thread!

:o Oops! I've just seen that I wasn't supposed to ask any questions in here! :o Sorry!

I'll ask in the appropriate place!

Hello anyway! :D

suzi n steve Apr 24th 2007 9:44 pm

Hi, welcome to the boards. Look forward to chatting over the coming months

Suicide Sheep Apr 25th 2007 9:30 am

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Fire away with any questions, there are loads of lovely people on here that can offer support and advice.:thumbup:

just sam Apr 25th 2007 7:29 pm

hi nlse, we are new to the forum (although we have been watching a while). we are a fair way off doing our eoi , keep us all up to date and let us know how it goes with yours ,sam.:thumbsup:

Jack The Lad Apr 25th 2007 10:02 pm

Welcome to the site guys. If you need anything just yell :thumbsup:

NLSE Apr 26th 2007 10:15 am

Hello again everyone and thank you all for your kind replies. :D

I’ve been off reading the boards and I’ve found one which has given us some answers!

I’m off to drag it up! :wink_smile:

martd Apr 26th 2007 10:10 pm

Hello just joined myself,The immigration process seems to be a mine field so i,m just selling everything heading out to nz for a month to get a job and then take it from there.Good luck
Mart

karonious Apr 27th 2007 10:13 am

Originally Posted by martd (Post 4702504)
Hello just joined myself,The immigration process seems to be a mine field so i,m just selling everything heading out to nz for a month to get a job and then take it from there.Good luck
Mart

Welocme to the site and good luck!
Any questions can probably be answered here - give it a try and see. We moved from York in October last year and love it so far :thumbup:

NLSE Apr 30th 2007 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by martd (Post 4702504)
Mart

Hello fellow newbie! :)

We've decided to do the same thing! :D Exchange and completion should be by the end of May (hopefully) we are off on a a flight then! :ohmy:

To be honest - a bit scared. But more importantly - excited! :D

Good luck to you - Maybe see you out there! ;)