Hello all

Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

welshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello all

Afternoon all.

After I have been picking brains already I thought I should come say hello.

We (the Girlfriend and I) are hoping to be in Wellington for Christmas 2010, ready for the start of the academic year, what with the missus bein a teacher and all that.

Been looking at the Roseneath area/Oriental bay, and will be over for a 2 week visit in April 09.

Really looking forward to it, and cant wait for the visit next year, fingers crossed for still being so excited then.

John
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all
Default Re: Hello all

hi welshman where in wales you from? we're from swansea moved out here in feb this year and loving it. welly is fab oriental bay is a bit pricey though but isf you can afford it great!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:59 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been to Wellington at all? If not, don't worry too much about finding a place in Roseneath or Oriental Bay as you may find areas you like/afford more. Personally i quite like Oriental Bay. Wallet is not so sure...

Bit too far down the track at this stage but you are coming at quite a good time (December of any year) as leases often expire around that time of the year and get renegotiated in January/February because of the students returning. So, you can be sneaky and secure a place before all those pesky students do!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

welshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stasia
hi welshman where in wales you from? we're from swansea moved out here in feb this year and loving it. welly is fab oriental bay is a bit pricey though but isf you can afford it great!
Hi Stasia,

The girlfriend hails from Cardiff, but went to uni in Swansea, and me, I'm form up Caerphilly way.

Money will be the worry, Fingers crossed, looking at jobs, we should be able to get an income around the $140k mark, so I'm hoping that will be enough, but it is always a worry to me.

KiwiPrincess, we have not been, but will be over in April to cheak out the areas, the GirlFriend is in Communication with a school in LowerHutt, so if thats where she would be working, then we will have to look around that area, and poor me traveling into the CBD every day.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Bit too far down the track at this stage but you are coming at quite a good time (December of any year) as leases often expire around that time of the year and get renegotiated in January/February because of the students returning. So, you can be sneaky and secure a place before all those pesky students do!
This is worth noting, might be able to get a slightly better choice on where to live if this is the case.

Thanks for all your help on this, I got a good feeling this place will be a fountain of information. But I promise not to drink you dry
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

let us know when you arrive for your reccie and we'll have to meet up for a drink in the welsh bar!!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stasia
let us know when you arrive for your reccie and we'll have to meet up for a drink in the welsh bar!!
Sounds good, checked that place out already! Will be first port of call, have to check out how friendly the locals are.