Hello to all

Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Annemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really nice
Default Hello to all

Thought I would sign up since I have been browsing around the forum.

I am a recent History Graduate from the Univeristy of Sheffield. I am thinking of doing my PGCE in teaching but had been put off by all the negativity surrounding the general state of schools within this country.

Recently, one of my parents firends emigrated to New Zealand and my parents are now looking into the possibiliy. Even though I don't live with my parents my boyfirend and I are also thinking about the move. The only real things putting us off is the different outlook towards the economy, with a much less capitalist stance.

Another thought concerns either doing my PGCE in NZ, however I would not be able to afford to do as an International students. Any ideas or information on this would be great.

All that is left to say is a "Big Hello"
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

mandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nice
Default Re: Hello to all

Hi Annemarie

www.immigration.govt.nz
This is the website for immigration info.

You could do your PGCE in the UK with a move to NZ in mind, then any problems with UK schools wouldn't affect you anyway but starting your study would be easier.

I think I saw it written that you could study in NZ as a home fee student if you were granted a residence visa. You would need to get your qualifications checked and application for immigration approved.

I'm not sure with your qualifications if you would need to get a job before you were approved or not but here is the website for the Expo 2008 that will be held in April in London if you can get down there. We're going as it is supposed to be really good for info and advice regarding immigration and living in NZ and they have NZ employers there who interview ppl, offer jobs etc
http://www.expo-newzealand.com/

Anyway, all the best, good luck and nice to meet you.
Have some hello karma
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Annemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really niceAnnemarie85 is just really nice

Thank you for that I will look into it.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Annemarie, I'm pretty new to this too...be careful its addictive!!You can find just about anything you need on this site, all these guys are amazing, an enormous pool of info and experience. Good luck
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hey there.

Welcome to this little NZ forum. Lovely to have you here.

Have some newbie karma [ the little blue boxes] to get you well and truly started.