Hello all!

Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Stung will become famous soon enough
Default Hello all!

Hi

I've been in Auckland just over one year and love it here in NZ.

Hubby and I gave up our jobs, came over on tourist visas, looked for work - I got a job, he went back to sell the house, we applied for residency, got it and are now reasonably well settled.

I'm a primary school teacher.

If anyone has any questions, I will try to help.

Cheers.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:32 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all!

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
Hi

Hubby and I gave up our jobs, came over on tourist visas, looked for work - I got a job, he went back to sell the house, we applied for residency, got it and are now reasonably well settled.

Cheers.
Welcome to the forum, good to hear you have enjoyed your your year, I wish you many more to come
KarenB
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers.
hello, & welcome,
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:30 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there and welcome.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of questions about the standard of NZ education and getting UK qualifications validated.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:20 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & Welcome to the forum.

Good to hear you are enjoying NZ.

Georgina & Andy
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:06 pm
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

Hi

Cheers.
Hi

We shall hopeful be moving to Auckland early this year. i have two young boys 8,9. how are you finding the education system there? Off course it is going to be different from the UK, but reading some of the other post i am abit worried. Is the education system very far behind the uk level?
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:59 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers.
Welcome to BE

We're a friendly lot esp. if you feed us beer.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katracy View Post
Hi

We shall hopeful be moving to Auckland early this year. i have two young boys 8,9. how are you finding the education system there? Off course it is going to be different from the UK, but reading some of the other post i am abit worried. Is the education system very far behind the uk level?
From the expats I've met here, all seem happy with the schools their children are in.

The only time I got negative comments was about a high decile school being too pushy, so they just moved their kids and now they're happy as!

I don't think you need to worry - all teachers I've met and seen are very good - there are lots of pommie teachers here too!

Don't hesitate to PM me if you want specific answers and I'll do my best.

Cheers.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Sorry

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!

Hey Katracy, you're from a great part of the world! I went to Newsome Junior School! Lived not too far from Castle Hill at the time - Hangingstone Road!

Love that part of the world!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:26 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers.
Hello. Welcome. We're in Auckland too - and love it too
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:25 pm

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

Sorry

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!

Hey Katracy, you're from a great part of the world! I went to Newsome Junior School! Lived not too far from Castle Hill at the time - Hangingstone Road!

Love that part of the world!

We live in Meltham, when did you last see it? We have been here 12 years, and it has grown so much, new houses popping up every where. My daughter went to Honley High and that is now massive!! Small world eh?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:27 pm

From the expats I've met here, all seem happy with the schools their children are in.

The only time I got negative comments was about a high decile school being too pushy, so they just moved their kids and now they're happy as!

I don't think you need to worry - all teachers I've met and seen are very good - there are lots of pommie teachers here too!

Don't hesitate to PM me if you want specific answers and I'll do my best.

Cheers.
Thank you for that, i thought it would be alright, just a bit worried!! As long as there is lots of sports for the boys they will be very happy!!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

I only lived there for a couple of years as a child - but have gone back every 1-2 years due to my mum's family all being there.

Lots of sports on offer here for the kids - your boys'll be fine!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:08 pm

I only lived there for a couple of years as a child - but have gone back every 1-2 years due to my mum's family all being there.

Lots of sports on offer here for the kids - your boys'll be fine!
Sorry just one more question. They both play a musical instrument. One drums the other guitar, will they be able to have lesson in school? thank you
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Not sure about that - may depend upon the school they go to. My school is only a decile 1 and nothing like that is on offer. I have a friend whose children all play instruments and they do some of their musical instrument learning at their school and the rest privately.

Really depends on what is on offer at the school, I guess.