British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hello (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hello-739549/)

Tom1983 Nov 21st 2011 5:23 am

Hello

Hello

Tom and Sarah here

We arrived from London and are here for a minimum of 30 months, with the option to become residents in 2 years time. We're living in the city of Christchurch for the 2 years. It feels wierd living in a city where I used to live near the UK version all those years ago.

How's everyone settled over here? Are we all used to the unique give way system as well as the pedestrian crossings?

Kind Regards

Tom and Sarah

vicci Nov 21st 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Tom1983 (Post 9745118)
Hello

Tom and Sarah here

We arrived from London and are here for a minimum of 30 months, with the option to become residents in 2 years time. We're living in the city of Christchurch for the 2 years. It feels wierd living in a city where I used to live near the UK version all those years ago.

How's everyone settled over here? Are we all used to the unique give way system as well as the pedestrian crossings?

Kind Regards

Tom and Sarah

Hi welcome

Wow are you from Bournemouth then??? when u say you lived close to Christchurch in the UK. Chat soon Vicci

Rosemary Nov 23rd 2011 2:30 pm

Hello and a big welcome to the New Zealand section of BE from the Consierges in Spain.

You will find excellent information in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

BE Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font. Also there are Consierges who can support and guide you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

BEVS Nov 23rd 2011 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Tom1983 (Post 9745118)
Hello

Tom and Sarah here

Kind Regards

Tom and Sarah

Do you mean that you used to live near Christchurch, Dorset? I'm a Bournemouth girl myself.

Anyway, welcome to this NZ forum.Happy posting.:)

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 26th 2011 10:31 pm

Hello & welcome to our friendly (well mostly ;)) NZ forums :welcome:

Been here for 5 years now & I'm mostly settled, I have my odd moments of homesickness. We have citizenship, so the natives will have some trouble in getting rid of us :rofl:

Happy posting.