Hello...

Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Pippi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello...

Hi all,

Am in the process of acquiring registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and have an interview during the next week, to be based in Auckland, and aim to be moving out in January, for 12 months initially!

I'm getting very excited but all the other practicalities are starting to worry more and more!

Would anyone be able to give me some good advice on health insurance vs. travel insurance for the 12 months? And what are the best ways to find houses? Would people generally recommend getting a car, or would I be okay on foot (if living centrally)?

Thanks xx
Old Sep 20th 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello...

Originally Posted by Pippi
Hi all,

Am in the process of acquiring registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and have an interview during the next week, to be based in Auckland, and aim to be moving out in January, for 12 months initially!

I'm getting very excited but all the other practicalities are starting to worry more and more!

Would anyone be able to give me some good advice on health insurance vs. travel insurance for the 12 months? And what are the best ways to find houses? Would people generally recommend getting a car, or would I be okay on foot (if living centrally)?

Thanks xx
Welcome to BE Pipa, I am also an RN. Best of luck with your interview, I'm sure when you know which hospital you will be working at, you should be able to find a rental cose by. If you live close to work, you would be better to use public tranport, some roads in Auckland can get very congested. Also parking at the hospital is likely to be a problem & expensive.

Check this site, it's for rental properties

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-sale/auckland

If you need anymore info just ask, someone on BE will have the answer for you. Good luck
Old Sep 20th 2011, 11:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to our wee NZ forum.

3 months and counting then. Exciting indeedy.

Have a good old browse around the place & maybe ask around on the main NZ chat board. Plenty of folks up Auckland way
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say Hi and welcome to BE, Pippi. All the best in your new life in NZ
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:19 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pippi,

Welcome to BE. You are going to love the peeps in the NZ forum they are so great at sharing information.

Sue