Hello

Old Apr 25th 2011, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Loubielou is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

Hi everyone!

My name is Louise, have just joined the site so thought I would say hi...I am from the NE of England, near Newcastle and have been living here in Auckland for a few years now with my Kiwi partner Scott. We have 2 wee girls, age 1 and 2 so life can be a bit busy (!)

I still get really homesick at times, especially having the girls and none of my family here...would be great to meet or chat to people in the same boat, who know what that feels like!

Apart from that, life here can be pretty good!
Old Apr 25th 2011, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hello & welcome to our friendly NZ forum Louise. Sorry you are feeling homesick but you are not alone. I think many of us have bouts of homesickness from time-to-time. I certainly do .

It can be very difficult when you have young children to care for too. It can be quite isolating & not having your family around for support makes it more difficult.

Whereabouts in Auckland are you? I'm up on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. There are quite a few mums in Auckland who would be happy to meet-up with you I'm sure. You could try organising something on the 'Meet-ups' sub-forum. Good luck pet

BTW, my eldest brother lives in Monkseaton...antwhere near you?
Old Apr 25th 2011, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I see you have already found the meet-ups forum
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

ajelliott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loubielou
Hi everyone!

My name is Louise, have just joined the site so thought I would say hi...I am from the NE of England, near Newcastle and have been living here in Auckland for a few years now with my Kiwi partner Scott. We have 2 wee girls, age 1 and 2 so life can be a bit busy (!)

I still get really homesick at times, especially having the girls and none of my family here...would be great to meet or chat to people in the same boat, who know what that feels like!

Apart from that, life here can be pretty good!
Hi Louise

We're looking at coming out to NZ wthin the next 5 months, have 2 kids, 14 and 11 so keen to known which are the best schools and also what life is like out there compared to england. we live in a village just outside York and any info greatly appreciated
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Loubielou is on a distinguished road

Ahh, I have some friends who live in Monkseaton and know it well...it is a lovely spot on the coast...I lived about 20 mins from there...makes me feel nostalgic to think about it!

Yes, have found the meet-up forum thanks! I have a very good friend who lives in Whangapearoa, (stanmore bay), she has a wee boy who is the same age as my eldest, I see her as often as I can but takes me 45 mins so not easy to pop in for a cuppa!

Thanks for replying re: the homesickness, always helps to know you are not the only one who gets homesick and others know how you feel...
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

pedro0811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Louise

We moved to the North Shore - Albany way in September 2010 from Kent in the UK. I have two girls 8 years and 5 years and also get home sick from time to time, but when I think of the quality of life out here.....I quickly realise that Skype isn't that bad after all.

We're only 20 mins from the City so if you wanted to catch up somewhere that would be great. I will perhaps put something on the meet up forum.

Take care

Julie
Old May 4th 2011, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

alijohnson has a brilliant futurealijohnson has a brilliant futurealijohnson has a brilliant futurealijohnson has a brilliant futurealijohnson has a brilliant futurealijohnson has a brilliant future

Hi Louise, we are from Newcastle currently in Durham, not in New Zealand yet but hopefully very soon, you wouldnt be homesick if you'd just done the winter we have, it was aweful. Once we get sorted and on our way, i'll let you know and come and talk all Geordie at you, that should make you feel better. How long is it since you were here and where abouts in Newcastle?