Hello

Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hello

Hi,

Just thought i'd introduce myself and my clan....we moved to Rolleston in Christchurch at the end of January '10.

Chris (my hubby) is a kiwi by birth and then theres me Leanne and my 2 kids Nathan 5yrs and Katie-Marie 3yrs.

So far we're loving the kiwi way of life, Nathan started his new school on the 3rd Feb and has settled really well, Katie is still settling into her pre-school.

Only down side at the mo is waiting for MAF and Customs to realease our container which arrived on the beginning of Feb Been in a warehouse with Conrays now for 12 days and still waiting for MAF to look through 50 boxes

We have 2 cats brought with us from the UK, they are sitting in a cattery at the mo until our stuff arrives, thought they would settle better with formiliar things around them

anyway thats us for now...look forward to meeting/making some new friends

The Clarkes
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:35 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

HI Leanne & welcome to the site How are you finding Rolleston ? sounds like you have been busy getting things set up. There are a few in your area so hopefully they will see this thread.

I am still in UK waiting for house to sell
Like you married to a Kiwi, he grew up there and has spent past 11 years here in the UK with me. Time to make the leap

you get those boxes & cats soon, will really start to feel like home then

Dewb
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dewb09,

Can't believe we're actually here, applied for visa in Dec 09 got approved mid Jan and flew out on the 18th!!!
We sent our stuff out on the 21st Dec and my cats on the 23rd dec ahead of us so that we wouldn't have to much tome without them but seems like that's not happening now

Rolleston is very nice so far, mix bag of nations here too. I think it being summertime helps as well

where will you be living when you move out? Hopefully your house will sell soon and you'll be on your way!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:45 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Him and Me
Hi Dewb09,

Can't believe we're actually here, applied for visa in Dec 09 got approved mid Jan and flew out on the 18th!!!
We sent our stuff out on the 21st Dec and my cats on the 23rd dec ahead of us so that we wouldn't have to much tome without them but seems like that's not happening now

Rolleston is very nice so far, mix bag of nations here too. I think it being summertime helps as well

where will you be living when you move out? Hopefully your house will sell soon and you'll be on your way!
Yes nice weather is def a plus.

Cant believe your time line, you did not hang about did you
Fair play if your going to go, well go . Just out of interest who did you use to ship your stuff?

Initially we will go to hubsters parents in Nelson, then it will depend on him getting work. Originally I had my heart set on Bay of Plenty, especially around Tauranga, but the chance of getting an IT job there is not great.We had hoped he would be able to secure something before we come, but reading threads on this its not so easy.
Which makes things very complicated re container
Think it will most probably be either Welly or Auckland as this is where most jobs in IT will be. It would make geographical sense for us to go to Welly rather than Auckland. Have started to focus on Kapiti coast area but until we know for def hard to really know.

get that sale, so sick of tidying up I thought of myself as OCD, may have cured myself

D xx
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Hi Leanne,

I am heading to Christchurch with my hubby Darrin and son Roary (1 year 8 months). We arrive on the 25th Feb and are looking at Rolleston too.

Denise
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dewb,

we used Robinsons, they where very good and quoted the cheapest by far for a 40ft container...the downside is thou that this end they use Conroys and we haven't been at all impressed with them we're still waiting for our container to be delivered even though it's beenin ChCh for 2wks now, they haven't been good at all in keeping us informed of whats happening.

We came out with some savings and no jobs so decided 1 of the 3 "big cities" is where we should place ourselves for job opportunities...We both hated Auckland, so left Welly and ChCh...decided on chCh for 2 reasons 1st we have some friends who emigrated 3yrs ago (our old neighbours) living there and secondly the suburbs of ChCh appealled to us more then the Welly 1's.

I would love the chance to be OCD over my furniture at the mo

Take Care Leanne
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Denise01292
Hi Leanne,

I am heading to Christchurch with my hubby Darrin and son Roary (1 year 8 months). We arrive on the 25th Feb and are looking at Rolleston too.

Denise
Hi Denise,

Rolleston so far as proved to be a really nice place to live....good schools/nursery's.

People seem to be really friendly and welcoming, i've only bee here since january so everything is pretty new to me.

Let me know when you arrive and we'll meet up for a coffee and chat if you like

Good luck with it all and hopefully will see you soon

Leanne
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I know you've been knocking around a while but g'won have some ' lovely to see you' karma & tell that P2L that we misses her around the place.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

aww thanks....used to keep up to date with p2l when they all moved out here but never really joined in much.

It's a great place to meet people on here and have been made to feel welcome...can't believe we're finally here after 10yrs of dreaming

P2L works full time now hense the lack of apearences but i'll let her know how much she's missed on here...sure she'll poke her head round the door later on tonight