Hello

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Marley1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Myself, my partner and our little man are just in the early process of planning at the moment. My partner is a heavy plant mechanic and im a stay at home mum (for now). We're planning our recce for february and feel quite confident about the whole thing. The only thing im worried about is my mum

She is 61 and would like to come with us but we know she is over the age threshold, so we're trying to think of ways to work around it. I understand she could come over permenently once we've been there 3 years, but in the meanwhile if she were to find a job during one of her visits (she would like some form of part time work) would she be eligible for a works visa? would that entitle her to stay until she herself could apply for residency? Is it all wishful thinking?!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing our impending adventure!!

Flo
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Marley1
Myself, my partner and our little man are just in the early process of planning at the moment. My partner is a heavy plant mechanic and im a stay at home mum (for now). We're planning our recce for february and feel quite confident about the whole thing. The only thing im worried about is my mum

She is 61 and would like to come with us but we know she is over the age threshold, so we're trying to think of ways to work around it. I understand she could come over permenently once we've been there 3 years, but in the meanwhile if she were to find a job during one of her visits (she would like some form of part time work) would she be eligible for a works visa? would that entitle her to stay until she herself could apply for residency? Is it all wishful thinking?!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing our impending adventure!!

Flo
Hi Flo,

You could try and include her as part of your application. Whilst out and about in the Hutt valley i met some one who included their father on his application stating he was going to provide the child support whilst they all went out to work and didn't have much trouble. He was over the threshold age, so I suppose if everything else is okay then who knows... It might be worth having a word with immigration first to confirm.

Simon
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Marley1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, i didnt know you could do that, i'll definately look into that, you've made my morning!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Marley1

Flo
Hi and welcome to the NZ forum.

You may like to start a new thread in the Immigration or the Main forum about your Mum. That way you will reach a wider audience.

A part-time job would not be eligible for a temporary work permit as far as I know. It would need to be for at least 30 hours per week. If the job was not on the shortages lists, then the employer would have to prove that there was no NZ resident for the job, unless she found work with an NZIS accredited employer.

If she were to take up fruit picking or packing then she might be able to apply for a seasonal work permit. That's tough work though.

As far as I can see, there seems to be no mention of a cut-off age with regard to a temporary work permit. A call to NZIS house London could confirm that.