Hello!

Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:06 pm
JnC
Just Joined

JnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really nice
Smile Hello!

Hello all,

We are two teachers (secondary) currently living just outside Bristol, UK. Hopeing to move out to NZ sometime between August - December 2009. We've been reading the threads on here for a while, but we're getting to the stage that we have our own questions! People on here seem to be so full of useful information - it's the best forum we've found!

Anyway, he's Chris and I'm Jen and we look forward to becoming a part of this active community.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by JnC
Hello all,

We are two teachers (secondary) currently living just outside Bristol, UK. Hopeing to move out to NZ sometime between August - December 2009. We've been reading the threads on here for a while, but we're getting to the stage that we have our own questions! People on here seem to be so full of useful information - it's the best forum we've found!

Anyway, he's Chris and I'm Jen and we look forward to becoming a part of this active community.
Hi Chris and Jen, I too am a teacher - primary- and hoping to get to NZ eventually. It's worth getting all your papers in order in good time, certs, transcripts of courses and proof of employment etc. Good luck guys
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:26 pm
JnC
Just Joined

JnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really niceJnC is just really nice

Hiya! Thanks for the reply! Good advice about getting everything in order, that seems to be the main thing we've come across. Good luck with your primary teaching, we keep hearing about shortages in that area so fingers crossed you'll be lucky!

J
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome and have some karma for your newness
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:33 pm
JnC
Just Joined

And have some back for being lovely and welcoming!
J

Last edited by JnC; Apr 20th 2008 at 10:13 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:33 pm
JnC
Just Joined

I know this may seem a little odd two posts from the same user, but I am a different person I promise and not just my own alter ego. Above is Jen and I am Chris. This is my first forum, not just to post on but to read properly and to appreciate how many people are online giving up there time to help and advice others. I have noticed as a first timer that there is a trend towards those who hold nothing back from the forum and show that they are true members of a digital community with their regular and detailed posting seem to have the greatest gain and support from others. As opposed to those who just post once asking questions they could find if they did a little digging. My girlfriend is much more up on forums than me and uses others (not immigration related), she describes her interest of forums, as her love of people (she is a psychology teacher), so to that end and to ensure a total submersion in a digital form that has really impressed me, here is our story.

We met whilst on teacher training two years ago, Jen as I have mentioned, teaches Psychology and I teach Science. After a whirl-wind romance, and I mean that in the teacher sense of not having any time, so that everything seems to be done against time! We moved in together and moved to North Somerset, where Jen is from originally (I am a Nottingham Lad). We both love teaching, the Kids (good and bad), our respective subjects, the whole package, we both know (although after a tough day we say different!) that we are probably in it for life.

We have now (over the past three months) decided on a change in lifestyle and in pace. I have lived out New Zealand before (in Ponsonby and Epsom in Auckland, working in the Dog’s Bollix of K road, if any one knows it) and in Hamilton, Canada. Jen hasn’t lived abroad before but is up for the challenge and the adventure! We both have to teach for another year in our respective positions, so we are aiming to move between the summer holiday of 2009 and Christmas. Looking to moving to Napier or Hastings so far but there are so many places to choose from! and so much to do and decide!

So that's us,
Cheers guys

C
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

To save confusion, it may be a good idea to set up your own user name and log-in. Simply register as 'yourself' and then let a moderator or admin know that you are a combo.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:43 pm
Tracey and Chris

traceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to all

Hi,
Welcome to the forum!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

alemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant future

Hello all. I am new to this site having only just discovered it. I have lived in NZ for a number of years and origianlly hail from Kent in South East England.
I live near to Queenstown in the South Island and we have just had our first sprinkling of snow on the mountains; beautiful! The Arrowtown Autumn festival starts this week and the trees have come to the party with their wonderful showing of crimson, gold and yellow.
I am a Real Estate Agent/Business Broker (an honest one!) and as we all know, the market is difficult at the moment. Still, I love my job, I work in a great team and the properties we deal with are breathtaking. So, all good!
Looking forward to reading members' posts on all sorts of things.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alemap
Hello all. I am new to this site having only just discovered it. I have lived in NZ for a number of years and origianlly hail from Kent in South East England.
I live near to Queenstown in the South Island and we have just had our first sprinkling of snow on the mountains; beautiful! The Arrowtown Autumn festival starts this week and the trees have come to the party with their wonderful showing of crimson, gold and yellow.
I am a Real Estate Agent/Business Broker (an honest one!) and as we all know, the market is difficult at the moment. Still, I love my job, I work in a great team and the properties we deal with are breathtaking. So, all good!
Looking forward to reading members' posts on all sorts of things.
Kent! know it well lived in Orpington/Belvedere areas for best part of 30 years...

have some karma!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

alemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant futurealemap has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Kent! know it well lived in Orpington/Belvedere areas for best part of 30 years...

have some karma!!!
Ah ha! I lived on the Romney Marsh, the bit closest to France. On a bad day you could see the French driving around .....