Hello

Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:33 pm
Banned

Maryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really nice
Default Hello

After being 'requested' to introduce myself I decided to quive a quick intro.

I am a bit of a mongrel, holding both a NZ and British passport. Spent alot of my youth in South East London (East Dulwich), but due to personal family circumstances spent alot of it in NZ as well.

Currently I spend about 6 months a year in London and 6 months a year in Tauranga. More and more time is being spent in NZ as time goes on, and the plan is to move to Tga fulltime end of next year. Once I have sorted out the business to run under managment a bit better than it currently does
I run a consultnacy company that works with Investment Banks in the City, mainly with financial stuff, hence my interest in the tax system was 'robust'. Mainly as I have set up companies in both countries and know the problems of both. I am 32 and have no kids .... yet

Anyone want to discuss the tax situation more.. PM me... actually dont... I am over talking tax on this site.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Gwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really nice
Default Re: Hello

Hi, and welcome to the forum...I'm looking to transfere to the Police in NZ early 2009...thats if my application is a success. I've heard the tax bracket is quite steep in NZ.

You have the benefit of sampling both sides of life do you have any advice? and will i be alot worse off in NZ?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:22 am
Banned

Maryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really nice

If you were starting a business you would def be better off almost anywhere in the OECD except the UK.
But with personal tax general consensus is that you will feel the taxmans grasp a bit tighter. Its not a view I agree with, but seem to be in the minority.
The tax rates for income tax are here..
http://www.ird.govt.nz/how-to/taxrat...etaxrates.html

The thing to remember is that NZ doesnt have the plethora of steatlh taxes that the UK does, there have been over 1000 'charges' added in the last 10 years, none of which are allowed to be called taxs...
The best known exampe being the congestion 'charge'. Then add the lack of inheritance tax and capital gains tax (unless you turn into a house trader as a business, called tainted)

But prepare to pay a bit more income tax, and you wont be surprised..
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:09 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the forum Maryanne. Have some karma to start you off
I'm sure with your dual nationality and experience of living in both countries you will be able to offer some useful information and insight.
Happy posting,
Karen