Hello

Old Dec 16th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

CharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really nice
Default Hello

Hi,

I thought after lurking on the forums for some time that I ought to introduce myself.

My wife (Emma), our three year old son and I will hopefully be moving out to somewhere in the Wellington region in December next year. I'm from about thirty miles north of Inverness, and my wife is from North Yorkshire, but we currently live in that jewel of South East England, Gillingham in Kent.

Exactly where we will settle will depend on where my wife can get a job as a Secondary School Maths teacher, hopefully somewhere within an hours commute of the Wellington CBD for me.

As to why we are moving, it basically comes down to trying to find a good place to bring up our son. We currently can't afford to buy anywhere where we would want my son to grow up. Also the rest of my wife's family have emigrated already, with her brother settling up in the Coromandel.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 6:49 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello

Hi there Charles,
welcome to the forum, we are newbies here, just under 2 months for us, we are family of 4, down in Papamoa in the Bay of Plenty. We visited the Coromandel for a couple of days, its quite beautiful up there, i can imagine why anybody would want to settle there. I havn't visited Wellington area yet, but am looking forward to doing so. Lots on forum from that way, so you'll be able to ask all sorts about it.
Good luck with all your plans, will look forward to hearing more from you.
Marika
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CharlesMacLeod
Hi,

I thought after lurking on the forums for some time that I ought to introduce myself.

My wife (Emma), our three year old son and I will hopefully be moving out to somewhere in the Wellington region in December next year. I'm from about thirty miles north of Inverness, and my wife is from North Yorkshire, but we currently live in that jewel of South East England, Gillingham in Kent.

Exactly where we will settle will depend on where my wife can get a job as a Secondary School Maths teacher, hopefully somewhere within an hours commute of the Wellington CBD for me.

As to why we are moving, it basically comes down to trying to find a good place to bring up our son. We currently can't afford to buy anywhere where we would want my son to grow up. Also the rest of my wife's family have emigrated already, with her brother settling up in the Coromandel.
Kia Ora Charles, and welcome to the forum. I know Gillingham quite well having lived in Kent for nearly 30yrs (Orpington & Belvedere). Wellington is a great place to live and work. If you have any questions please ask, there is always some one on here who can help. Living within an hours commute of Welly isn't hard, Trains are pretty good here, but I wouldn't live any further out than the Kapiti Coast.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to the forum Charles.
Happy Posting & have some karma to get you started.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:55 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, I'm from sunny Rothes myself, where about do you hail from?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:37 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Charles. *waves* Have some welcome karma. (Wellington RULES! )
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

CharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really nice

Originally Posted by karonious
Welcome to the forum, I'm from sunny Rothes myself, where about do you hail from?
I'm from Alness, up on the Cromarty Firth. Famous for winning Britain in Bloom more times than you can shake a stick at, and not much else
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CharlesMacLeod
Hi,

Hey folks! I've been here a few months, just moved out on my own mind you, and loving it so far, you will find everyone friendly and genuine and Wellington is an easy place to settle into, I'm from Edinburgh and find it a little like home away from home at times, very similar vibe, and as folks have said, you can easily commute from the suburbs and from even further out, depends where you end up working I guess...am still all excited about it and everything is new, but its great
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:21 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
Welcome to BE Charles. *waves* Have some welcome karma. (Wellington RULES! )
AYE ???? Your Porirua, not Wellington !!!!