Hello

Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello

Hello All

I have been following the forums for about a week, after I stumbled upon them (I am so glad I did!), so this is new to me.

Our 'situation' - my husband and I decided that we would visit the Expo 07 in London after seeing a recruitment trawl for Civil Engineers. My husband sent off a couple of CV's recently in response to the trawl and now has an interview next week (before the Expo) and an interview at the Expo, he will also be distributing his CV at the Expo. So now we find ourselves in a situation where he could 'possibly' be offered a job. I have been researching as much as I can about New Zealand. I think a potential job offer would be in Auckland or Wellington. Now I am starting to panic a bit!!

The usual things - house selling, where would we live, school/education (kids aged 11, 13 and 16), and we have also got pet dogs! I am sure if a suitable offer is forthcoming we will 'go for it'. You only get one chance so if we don't we may regret it later. I am also thinking - why are we thinking of emigrating to New Zealand, pros/cons, etc.

I would be very interested to hear the reasons why you all have decided to take the plunge and if it has all been worth it.

We are on the Isle of Wight (lovely place too).

I am sure I will be posting many questions in the near future!

Best Wishes
Moomoo
Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:46 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hello

Welcome to the boards, Moomoo.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Moomoo & good luck with all your future planning.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

mart19630 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi Moomoo

How spooky is that two from the Isle of Wight at once, hope everything goes ok for you, I also went to an earlier expo this year, submitted my EOI got excepted and all sorted within 4 months, I am in the proccess of sorting my job interviews also in Engineering.
Just one point for you when you get as far as your medicals they do them at St Helens medical centre so no need to travel to the mainland any more.
Good luck
Martin
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:55 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Kia Ora

Seeing as there is 2 of you from the IOW, can one of you bring me some Minghella's ice cream please!! just plain vanilla will do

I came back to the island for the first time 3 years ago and was so very sad to see how its declined I have such good memories of my time there

Good luck on your adventure as you swap one island for another
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

mart19630 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post
Kia Ora

Seeing as there is 2 of you from the IOW, can one of you bring me some Minghella's ice cream please!! just plain vanilla will do

I came back to the island for the first time 3 years ago and was so very sad to see how its declined I have such good memories of my time there

Good luck on your adventure as you swap one island for another
No problem bringing the ice cream over, only problem might be that they will turn my freezer off while its in the container on the ship, you might have to settle for a vanilla milkshake.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mart

We'll keep St Helens in mind - although I am an 'overner' I do try to avoid the mainland as much as possible!!! (We've been here three years!) By the way, I absolutely love the Island, so if nothing comes of all this, we still live in a lovely place.

Kerry (Moomoo)
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

shaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura about

Hi Moomoo, We are from the Isle of Wight too! We have been here for nearly two years now and love it. I went back to the island in May as my Family and friends are there and could'nt believe the change of the place in such a short space of time! i.e traffic, especially on coppins bridge! I wanted to come back home (cos that's what I call it now) after only being there a week! welcome to the forum anyway, there are some really nice guys on here that will give you loads of advice on any subject nice to see some more isle of wighters on here
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:43 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Moomoo - you'll love it. Enjoy the experience!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to you all for a lovely welcome!