Hello!

Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice
Default Hello!

Hi all, we (Richard 38, Emma 40, Eleanor 8 and Dominic 5) are hoping to join the exodus and head for NZ next year, assuming all goes to plan. We've submitted our EOI on OH's skills (gas fitter by trade) and I'm looking for work in HR (someone's got to do it), though know mine aren't on the skills list. We're leaving glorious Preston and heading towards Wellington - though we're flexible dependent on job offers.

We've posted some threads and replied to some, so thought we'd better let you know who we are.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Hello!

Welcome to the madhouse
Keep posting and searching on the forum - someone is bound to have the answer to any questions you may have!
We live about 20 mins outside Wellington (near Boopy and danny and donnaf and several others!!) and there are lots of people who live in Welly itself and in the Hutt valley and on the Kapiti coast - so any questions you have about the area, get them asked!!
Good luck
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, welcome. We've been in Welly two weeks now and love it. Seems a great place to live and everyone's friendly. ANy questions just ask away...

Simon
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, Boopy here, part of the Porirua crowd. Wellington is a beautiful city. Good luck in your plans.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hello!

Hi
I'm in Wellington too - maybe see you soon - been here 3 months now - time flies when you are having fun!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

Thanks to all, we'll certainly pick your brains. First question - where are definately no-go areas in the Wellington suburbs and where has the best schools. we've looked at houses on the internet that seem very affordable, but there may be a good reason why!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

What areas have you found the affordable houses in? There are no real no go areas in central Wellington suburbs that I am aware of...in fact Mount Victoria supposedly one of the most expensive areas, is one of the scruffiest looking.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:20 am
Just Joined

northeners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the rough

Hi from Wellington we are from Southport and have been in the Wellington area for just over a year now. We now live in a area called Paraparaumu about 40 min outside Wellington its warmer than central Wellington and the houses are huge more modern and cheaper than Wellington. The schools are classed quite high in this area for academic standards and it is not rough at all if anything it is more up market than alot of areas in Wellington more suburbia and there is a good few Brits here. There are a few areas in Wellington I wouldnt bother getting a place off the top of my head I wouldnt bother with Newtown but even that is not that bad and there is a couple of areas I wouldnt bother with in Porirua. Dont worry you wont have any trouble getting a job here the weather is better and the people are generally pretty nice and the scenary is amazing, if you have any further questions let us know and we will also put you onto some god rental people if you want. Dave&Lorna.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Northerners, that's really helpful.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luvwelly
What areas have you found the affordable houses in? There are no real no go areas in central Wellington suburbs that I am aware of...in fact Mount Victoria supposedly one of the most expensive areas, is one of the scruffiest looking.
Hi Luvwelly, when I say affordable it is in terms of us selling up and buying out there at $300000 - assuming markets stay as they are for a little while. Having said that we know that estate agents use all sorts of tricks to sell a dump, so we know we might have a shock seeing them in the light of day!