British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hello (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hello-398681/)

andy&georgina Sep 26th 2006 9:16 am

Hello

Hi All

Well I normally visit the Oz boards but have found myself in here today :)

Wondering if anyone can help - have taken a look at the NZ Government Site but for some reasons got myself all confused.

Need to know what Visas are available and length of some of them etc.

Any help would be great.

Andy & Georgina

sky Sep 26th 2006 11:09 am

Re: Hello

Can't help but hello to you :)
Are you thinking of coming to NZ?

andy&georgina Sep 26th 2006 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by sky
Can't help but hello to you :)
Are you thinking of coming to NZ?

Hi Sky

Yes - we are thinking of Oz or NZ - hopefully coming out next year to have a look...Just need some help with the visa types for NZ.. :)

SirEglamore Sep 26th 2006 12:59 pm

Hello :)

andy&georgina Sep 26th 2006 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Hello :)

Hello to you Sir :D

danny.f Sep 26th 2006 1:04 pm

Hi.

andy&georgina Sep 26th 2006 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hi.

Hi Danny.f

So can anyone adivse me on the visa's ? :)

danny.f Sep 26th 2006 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hi Danny.f

So can anyone adivse me on the visa's ? :)

Howdo. Fairly sure working visas are 2 years? But if you ckeck out this thread in 5 hours,when the lazy bleeders have awoken,should be some positive answers. Will see what I can find out though.

andy&georgina Sep 26th 2006 1:12 pm

Howdo. Fairly sure working visas are 2 years? But if you ckeck out this thread in 5 hours,when the lazy bleeders have awoken,should be some positive answers. Will see what I can find out though.

Thanks Danny I appreciate it!!! How easy is it to get a working visa?

danny.f Sep 26th 2006 1:32 pm

Thanks Danny I appreciate it!!! How easy is it to get a working visa?

Got to admit,dunno,cos we're going for residency,but that's been easy enough,so can't imagine it's too difficult!

andy&georgina Sep 26th 2006 1:42 pm

Got to admit,dunno,cos we're going for residency,but that's been easy enough,so can't imagine it's too difficult!

Hi Danny - well we want residency/ visa whatever is the easiest route?

helinuk Sep 26th 2006 2:26 pm

Hi Danny - well we want residency/ visa whatever is the easiest route?

Hello.
not sure there's an easy route! We couldn't find way into oz cos of age but are having more luck with NZ.
From 3 yrs of posting on oz forum I'd say people seem to get 136 and 457 work visas fairly easily to OZ. It depends on your qualifications and job offers.

From my limited experience on NZ forum people with job offers have a smoother ride. The kiwis will be up in a few hours to answer your question about types of work visas.
cheers :beer:

andy&georgina Sep 26th 2006 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by helinuk
Hello.
not sure there's an easy route! We couldn't find way into oz cos of age but are having more luck with NZ.
From 3 yrs of posting on oz forum I'd say people seem to get 136 and 457 work visas fairly easily to OZ. It depends on your qualifications and job offers.

From my limited experience on NZ forum people with job offers have a smoother ride. The kiwis will be up in a few hours to answer your question about types of work visas.
cheers :beer:

Hi Helinuk

Thanks for you reply. Is it Ok to PM you as have a few questions?

Wanting to perhaps move out there for the longterm, but cannot see anywhere on the Gov site the requirements etc.

Georgina

danny.f Sep 26th 2006 8:03 pm

Hi Helinuk

Wanting to perhaps move out there for the longterm, but cannot see anywhere on the Gov site the requirements etc.

Georgina

Hi guys,
on a permanent visa you can go as a skilled migrant, family visa or business visa (not sure what the business visa entails) and on a temporary visa you can go on a work visa (sponsored to do a job that can't be filled by a New Zealander) for up to 3 years, on a working holiday if aged between 18 - 30 for up to 2 years or on a student visa if you are going into education. That's as much as I know but hope it helps. Good luck,
Donna

andy&georgina Sep 26th 2006 10:01 pm

Hi guys,
on a permanent visa you can go as a skilled migrant, family visa or business visa (not sure what the business visa entails) and on a temporary visa you can go on a work visa (sponsored to do a job that can't be filled by a New Zealander) for up to 3 years, on a working holiday if aged between 18 - 30 for up to 2 years or on a student visa if you are going into education. That's as much as I know but hope it helps. Good luck,
Donna

Thanks Donna for your help.

Do you know of any sites that will be useful for the requirements? Went on the Gov one but didnt see all the requirements etc.

Georgina :)

danny.f Sep 27th 2006 7:05 am

Thanks Donna for your help.

Do you know of any sites that will be useful for the requirements? Went on the Gov one but didnt see all the requirements etc.

Georgina :)

Hi Georgina,
we are using a company to do our paperwrk and their website has some info on visas :
www.emigration.uk.com
(I think that's their website otherwise they are called The Emigration Group, you can probably Google them,
Donna

andy&georgina Sep 27th 2006 7:08 am

Hi Georgina,
we are using a company to do our paperwrk and their website has some info on visas :
www.emigration.uk.com
(I think that's their website otherwise they are called The Emigration Group, you can probably Google them,
Donna

Thanks Donna - I will have a look now...really appreciate it.

Where are you going in NZ?

Georgina

helinuk Sep 27th 2006 7:30 am

Hi Helinuk

Georgina

yes of course do pm me.
helen

danny.f Sep 28th 2006 12:10 pm

Thanks Donna - I will have a look now...really appreciate it.

Where are you going in NZ?

Georgina

Hi Georgina,
we're hoping to go mid January - we'd planned for this November then our Uni didn't get our paperwork sent of so we couldn't register as nurses which affected our points, so have had to delay. We are trying to decide between Welly and Palmerston North at the moment - where are you going?
Donna