Helensville

Old Dec 29th 2013, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

gazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helensville

Hi, we've now been in Auckland (Whangaparaoa) for 2.5years and loved it. However, we're looking for a bit more space and an easier commute to the city, we've been for a look around the area north of Helensville. It looks beautiful but we have some reservations about schooling, possible crime etc. does anyone know the area well enough to offer any advice?
Cheers
Old Dec 30th 2013, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helensville

Originally Posted by gazmfc
Hi, we've now been in Auckland (Whangaparaoa) for 2.5years and loved it. However, we're looking for a bit more space and an easier commute to the city, we've been for a look around the area north of Helensville. It looks beautiful but we have some reservations about schooling, possible crime etc. does anyone know the area well enough to offer any advice?
Cheers
Just had Christmas in The 'Ville (and Boxing Day in Whangaparoa)! Cousins live there, up on the hills. Can't help with the schooling as his kids are not school age. Crime? Propbably the same as anywhere else! It's the sort of place people who don't live there are sniffy about but people who live there love it. Land prices are really high round there, but guess still cheaper than in Auckland city, Good luck
Old Dec 30th 2013, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

gazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, much appreciated.
I think you're right, every time I mention us moving there I get a negative reaction, but we've found the area to be beautiful and a much slower pace of life the on the east coast. Funnily enough we found the land prices to be very reasonable and property is far cheaper than on the peninsula or on the east coast bays.
Thanks again.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's time will come for sure. I love some of the old history surrounding Helensville and the Kaipara area, and couldn't give a wotsit about snuffy people,after all I didn't leave the ridiculous 'Keeping up with the Joneses' mentality in the UK to care about it here. If you find somewhere you love, go for it, but as a curved ball you might want to also consider Warkworth
Old Dec 30th 2013, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo25
I think it's time will come for sure. I love some of the old history surrounding Helensville and the Kaipara area, and couldn't give a wotsit about snuffy people,after all I didn't leave the ridiculous 'Keeping up with the Joneses' mentality in the UK to care about it here. If you find somewhere you love, go for it, but as a curved ball you might want to also consider Warkworth
Nice one