Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

hehe... a moan.....too many ants!

hehe... a moan.....too many ants!

Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hehe... a moan.....too many ants!

[/QUOTE

Glad you are feeling better, we have the ants at our house wednesday,the bloody human kind ,men with builders buns and drink tea!!!!!!
The international movers any advice?
JANE[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh didnt know you were that close to moving!!

Advice is dont sit still too long as they might just wrap you in several layers of brown paper and tape.... if theyre anything like the lot we had come to us.... talk about efficient!!

It was a great day but emotional for me as I watched the lorry drive away down the road.... me thinking.... omg... next time I see that lot I'll be in Auckland!! Had to hide a tear from my OH.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
Sarah, Batty is right, get yourself a robocan!!!!!
When we moved a month ago we had a lovely clean kitchen and within days it was covered in ants but we put a fresh can in and haven't had any since. Also we get horrible roach things that come in from the garden and within 3/4 minutes of them getting in the kitchen they are on the floor on their backs with legs wiggling about. Also good for mozzies, spiders etc...
OK,none of this was in the advertising supplements-what is a Robocan,and what harm can a white tailed spider do? How big are these moths?? Are they more dangerous than my wife? Does anyone know if Mumomonty is ok? For answers to these,and more questions,please come back to us after this break.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by danny.f
OK,none of this was in the advertising supplements-what is a Robocan,and what harm can a white tailed spider do? How big are these moths?? Are they more dangerous than my wife? Does anyone know if Mumomonty is ok? For answers to these,and more questions,please come back to us after this break.
A Robocan is just an automatic insecticide, you fit the can inside a little gadget thingy and set it to spray automatically every few minutes. I am not on commission but I would highly recommend for the summer if you dont like bugs. Wives, however, are unaffected and continue to be a pest whenever possible, personally speaking.

White tail spiders, my oldest daughter has been bitten by one, it stung for a while and left a nasty bump for a few days but the most harm it did was completely freak her out :scared:
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

A Robocan is just an automatic insecticide, you fit the can inside a little gadget thingy and set it to spray automatically every few minutes. I am not on commission but I would highly recommend for the summer if you dont like bugs. Wives, however, are unaffected and continue to be a pest whenever possible, personally speaking.

White tail spiders, my oldest daughter has been bitten by one, it stung for a while and left a nasty bump for a few days but the most harm it did was completely freak her out :scared:
Worse bites here for me (so far) are sandflies.... jeez how painful are they!!!?? Mossie bites just hurt me for a day..... sandfly bites hurt for days and days!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Sandflies? I can remember in Lower Hutt,outside Wellington,our campervan was beseiged by thousands of the buggers-we literally had to hose the van down to get rid. Dunno if they were sandflies or normal ones-but they were very rude. Buggers.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandflies? I can remember in Lower Hutt,outside Wellington,our campervan was beseiged by thousands of the buggers-we literally had to hose the van down to get rid. Dunno if they were sandflies or normal ones-but they were very rude. Buggers.
You'll know if youve been bitten by a sandfly..... large red lump comes up and itches like mad for about 4 days... sometimes bad enough to stop sleep!!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
Worse bites here for me (so far) are sandflies.... jeez how painful are they!!!?? Mossie bites just hurt me for a day..... sandfly bites hurt for days and days!
My poor husband has bad reactions to mozzie bites. Whenever he gets bitten he is in for days of pain and the swelling is terrible. I had bad bites in Hong Kong but most people build up an immunity, he, poor bugger, hasn't got a very good immune system so it is a real problem trying to keep them out the house.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

My poor husband has bad reactions to mozzie bites. Whenever he gets bitten he is in for days of pain and the swelling is terrible. I had bad bites in Hong Kong but most people build up an immunity, he, poor bugger, hasn't got a very good immune system so it is a real problem trying to keep them out the house.
Mossie bites used to hurt me more back in UK but Ive not had problems with them here.... just these damn sandflies.... evil things!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Can he not wear some form of sexy undernetting to keep them at bay? Getting some horrendous mozzies here at the mo.Honest. My daughter has a torrid time,as do I. Can't wait.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Can he not wear some form of sexy undernetting to keep them at bay? Getting some horrendous mozzies here at the mo.Honest. My daughter has a torrid time,as do I. Can't wait.
You will probably find you are ok after the first couple of bites. In HK I would get a massive swollen area topped by a blister, honestly, the swelling was about the size of a small plate. But after a few of them I was OK, just a normal bump like everyone else.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

You will probably find you are ok after the first couple of bites. In HK I would get a massive swollen area topped by a blister, honestly, the swelling was about the size of a small plate. But after a few of them I was OK, just a normal bump like everyone else.
Was just asking Sarah-do you all keep in touch privately or do you just chat to eachother on here? Do you meet up??