Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Heavy plant operator thinking of moving to NZ

Heavy plant operator thinking of moving to NZ

Old Jan 12th 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Firestorm333 has a spectacular aura aboutFirestorm333 has a spectacular aura aboutFirestorm333 has a spectacular aura about
Default Heavy plant operator thinking of moving to NZ

Hi everyone just joined today . i'm a heavy plant operator thinking of moving to NZ ,with my wife and 13year old son . what do you think the work situation will be like?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:44 am
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all
Default Re: Heavy plant operator thinking of moving to NZ

Might be good for Christchurch. I'd look up the Canterbury Skill Shortage List on te NZ immigration website.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Firestorm333 has a spectacular aura aboutFirestorm333 has a spectacular aura aboutFirestorm333 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Synky
Might be good for Christchurch. I'd look up the Canterbury Skill Shortage List on te NZ immigration website.
we've been looking at christchurch ,had a couple of tentaive job offers ,but it's the chicken and egg situation (seems to be a common theme for most people ).Can't get visa without job ,can't get job without visa . Just gotta keep plodding on , I suppose
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:11 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get the job offer and fit all the criteria to obtain the visa you will be issued with one, seems lots of employers do not understand the way it works. Is Heavy plant operator on the shortage lists?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for your input not sure i 'm on skills list , but potential employer seems to think i'll have no problem with over 20yrs experience . Still unsure as to what visa to apply for . OH is a truckie ,does'nt seem like she'll have to much trouble finding work ,what with the re-build . Just got to get over hurdle of mis#spent youth . Still you can only try.......!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

hi there, my oh had a job offer from a company . he's in the same occupation as you but we didn't take the job, I'll dig out the name later and pm you.

try Fulton Hogan, he was offered a Skype interview with them
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

you go for the work to residence visa
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

thanks Scottish Stacy i'll look them up and send them an email,,,,,,,,
Old Jan 14th 2013, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

tequilla11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am moving to NZ in July the new tunnel is being built in Avondale to ease the traffic congestion. Work starts end July look at our company website www.global-tunnelling-experts.com
I am relocating with my husband who is a tunnel foreman my job is also in tunnels and our 12 year old for 2 years.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

It was Delta you hubby was going for, there is plenty of work here for drivers but the money aint great it is getting better in ChCh expect about 25 bux (12 quid) an hour. It,s not like the Uk either you will have to get out and labour and will be expected to have a knowledge of drawings, setting out, ect
I would thing about doing your LGV class 1 as it,s a big selling point for plant ops, it is easy to do here but will take you 6 months as you have to wait be
between classes....

It is nice going to work in your shorts and the sunshine, good luck

Neil
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

no delta was the first company. this was another one, I still haven't had a chance to look for it but I will. I saw another company called number 8 advertising recently.

give select nz a email, think that was the agency dealing with delta. also try Fulton Hogan.

the Labour and drawing part was the same at Dave's work too, he's doing hgv work now.

firestorm I'll send you some more details soon, memory seems a bit like a goldfish atm . must be brainfreeze with the weather lol
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

the guy who we dealt with was from Alexander associates.com

give him a email and see what he says. he came over to the UK at one point
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers ScottishStacy just got in from work snowing again here .... oh joy. My OH is a truckie do you think it's worth her doin her class1 here or there ? . Probably better for me to do it there , most likely less hoopes. Waiting to here back off a firm in ChCh fingers crossed Goin to work in shorts sounds good . might even iron the old thong lol.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Firestorm333
Cheers ScottishStacy just got in from work snowing again here .... oh joy. My OH is a truckie do you think it's worth her doin her class1 here or there ? . Probably better for me to do it there , most likely less hoopes. Waiting to here back off a firm in ChCh fingers crossed Goin to work in shorts sounds good . might even iron the old thong lol.
Neil Will know the answer to that question better than me, if you did it here then I don't think it's too complicated to change to the Nz version.

good luck with the other firm . lol not sure you''ll get away with a thong haha! going to work in shorts must be great. hope your snow isn't heavy, we had some yesterday. I've been sliding about the pavements tonight, broke my wrist recently so last thing I need is another fall!

let us know how you get on
Old Jan 14th 2013, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Will do cheers ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.