Heating

Old May 29th 2012, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

ohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to all
Default Heating

So...the landlord has come back saying that the owner (living and working abroad) has refused to put in heat pumps - 4 friggin` months it`s taken to tell us that!!!! Basically their jobs are now on the line and they may need to come home in a few months so don`t know if they`ll have any money spare. Fair enough. I just wish that they`d not told us they`d heat the house and then tell us at the end of Autumn that they won`t be.

I really do feel for them, nobody wants to be unemployed. But I also feel for my daughter who is living in this cold miserable damp house! Mitre10 here we come....more oil heaters on the shopping list.

We have a 12 month tenancy agreement.....can they ask us to leave earlier? Surely not.
Old May 30th 2012, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heating

Originally Posted by ohdearydear
So...the landlord has come back saying that the owner (living and working abroad) has refused to put in heat pumps - 4 friggin` months it`s taken to tell us that!!!! Basically their jobs are now on the line and they may need to come home in a few months so don`t know if they`ll have any money spare. Fair enough. I just wish that they`d not told us they`d heat the house and then tell us at the end of Autumn that they won`t be.

I really do feel for them, nobody wants to be unemployed. But I also feel for my daughter who is living in this cold miserable damp house! Mitre10 here we come....more oil heaters on the shopping list.

We have a 12 month tenancy agreement.....can they ask us to leave earlier? Surely not.
Hey,sorry to hear of your heating woes, as far as kicking you out early

http://tpa.org.nz/page/faq
Old May 30th 2012, 3:38 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest their life problems are not yours. You're paying them rent so they are earning off you. Did she get it in writing that they would put pumps in?
Old May 30th 2012, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

ohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Did she get it in writing that they would put pumps in?
Nah....that would have been too easy. The landlord is pretty rubbish but has been round today to kiss my ass! The owner has said that he will pay for the gas fire to be reconnected (it was disconnected from the mains a couple of years ago) but we both agreed (the landlord and I) that it would seem silly having a gas fire in the dining room which we don't use very often - especially with a crawling baby as we'd end up having to buy fire guards or blocking it off or even just turning it off and putting on some extra layers instead! I think he knows that he shouldn't have promised us that he would put them in so has told us that he is looking in to electric wall heaters and that the owner will have to swallow the bill. According to the landlord it would still be cheaper than paying to have the gas reinstalled.

Whether it happens remains to be seen...I won't hold my breathe!
Old May 30th 2012, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohdearydear

Be careful of this - this is a very common thing in NZ. Lots and lots of people I have spoken with on buses and what not (who rent) regularly have to move house. There is a clause in the NZ Housing Law which allows properties to be re-occupied if a member of the family needs to move back in for specific reasons..

As for the heating.. get lots of layers in and thick socks! The oil heaters and convector heaters are great for little rooms, but if you have a big room - you're screwed!
Old May 30th 2012, 10:17 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
Be careful of this - this is a very common thing in NZ. Lots and lots of people I have spoken with on buses and what not (who rent) regularly have to move house. There is a clause in the NZ Housing Law which allows properties to be re-occupied if a member of the family needs to move back in for specific reasons..
That only applies for rolling tenancies, if you sign up for a fixed 12mth term then that is good and binding on both parties.