Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Healthy Wealthy and Wise - is Rodney the place to live???

Healthy Wealthy and Wise - is Rodney the place to live???

Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:09 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Healthy Wealthy and Wise - is Rodney the place to live???

On the front of the local rag the other day was the claim that Rodney District is the healthiest place in NZ to live, but not so easy to find work here.....
it quoted this:
http://www.iwantahome.co.nz/article/...-articles.html
Rodney District
Stretching from Kumeu in the south to Wellsford in the north – Rodney District has been identified as New Zealand’s healthiest place to live. Here is the top 10 places in descending order:

Top 10 Healthiest Places in New Zealand

Rodney District
Wellington City
North Shore City
Christchurch City
Dunedin City
Nelson City
Porirua City
Auckland City
Lower Hutt City
Upper Hutt City
Pretty healthy here as we are next to the sea and away from the smog most of the time........may not be wealthy but are we wise???
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthy Wealthy and Wise - is Rodney the place to live???

Originally Posted by lardyl
may not be wealthy but are we wise???
I was wise enough to snap this house up before it went up on public view lol
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:40 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Except if you are driving...didn't Rodney have one of the worst road accident rates for years? I guess though they have fixed those roads.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:06 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

We used to live in rodney its not the best place to commute into the city though for work! So presumably those particular stress levels weren't taken into account! But on the whole, there is such a contrast of secret wealthy types and local rednecks! From what we saw, the wealthy were people that had sold businesses, labouring businesses, so they looked they rednecks, talked like rednecks, but were actually extremely wealthy. We found the people to be friendly and hospitable. I miss a lot of elements about Rodney, the scenery, it was so open and clean. The way everyone was so open and welcoming, the sense of community as well. Still, its nice to get the warm fuzzies now and again, but there's only so many flannel shirts and mullets a person can take!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

This Chief thinks so. Regularly commute into the Auckland CBD & don't have any problems with the traffic. Though stopping to watch a pod of dolphins swim by can make us ferryists a tad late
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:53 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
This Chief thinks so. Regularly commute into the Auckland CBD & don't have any problems with the traffic. Though stopping to watch a pod of dolphins swim by can make us ferryists a tad late
yeah - oddly enough I tried the ferry twice before I started my job in Newmarket and both times I failed - once because the swell was up and they wanted to charge me 14 bucks or something for a one-way trip on the replacement bus, so I stayed on the North Star and paid half that return...
other time the connecting bus failed totally......
so never done it but will do one day.

Bad traffic is a problem as are crashes. But they are summonutable obsticles to life in lovelly, healthy Rodney........