Reload this Page >

Health prompting move from NZ back to UK pension advice please

Health prompting move from NZ back to UK pension advice please

Old Jan 15th 2020, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Wingnut0908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health prompting move from NZ back to UK pension advice please

Thinking about heading home and pensions

Can anyone shed any light on how we go about taking private pensions back to UK?

Basically we moved here sold up and were planning on staying until I had a major health event ... Triple heart bypass ... Anyway its been enough to make me think that I need to head home and have my family around me ...

So in a nutshell we used pension transfers uk and moved all our pensions here ... 60 this year so needing to move everything back ... Any help or advice right now would be mega helpful or should I say awesome
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health prompting move from NZ back to UK pension advice please

You just need to approach another pension transfer agent to transfer them back in to a scheme in the uk. I don't suppose it matters where they are based so long as they understand the rules and process in both countries. There's a guy on here chch4me who did our pension transfers and continues to manage our investments. He may at least be able to point you in the right direction.
You will of course lose more cash out of the pot.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Wingnut0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

and thanks for the reply, appreciate it... Not overjoyed about costs involved but guess that's just one of those things we just have to go with...

thanks again

Pam
Old Jan 15th 2020, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wingnut,
Advice in this situation is critical. As you are 60, it is likely that you have a number of options but it greatly depends on a whole range of things, when did you move to NZ, when did you transfer, which NZ scheme are you invested in, when are you returning to the UK (for example it might be best if you can wait until after the 5th of April which is a new tax year), and so on. I'm not expecting you to answer these questions here, I'm just pointing out that there are many points to review before making an informed decision.
Hope that helps
chc4me