Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

health insurance / medical

health insurance / medical

Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default health insurance / medical

Some advice - I have a private health care plan that covers me and the kids. It's £9.95 per month for the 4 of us. I have been able to claim the cost of my x ray (£50) and have just put in a claim for health screening for mine and the kids medicals (the claim works out to about £200) although I haven't heard back from them about this yet. I'm not sure how long you have to be paying before you can make a claim but I think it's a relatively short time. If anyone hasn't had their medicals yet it might be worth looking into.
Donna
Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health insurance / medical

Originally Posted by danny.f
Some advice - I have a private health care plan that covers me and the kids. It's £9.95 per month for the 4 of us. I have been able to claim the cost of my x ray (£50) and have just put in a claim for health screening for mine and the kids medicals (the claim works out to about £200) although I haven't heard back from them about this yet. I'm not sure how long you have to be paying before you can make a claim but I think it's a relatively short time. If anyone hasn't had their medicals yet it might be worth looking into.
Donna
Nice one.
We have HSA and AXA. but I thought you could only claim if the Dr/GP refers you?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:11 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

HSA dont cover xrays or medicals (not on my cover anyway), but will cover for consultant appointments
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:40 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Donna
What, you can claim for your medicals?

I have AXA PPP VIP executive cover do you know if Im covered?

PS Just being lazy really. Gods knows where my cover documents are
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
What, you can claim for your medicals?

I have AXA PPP VIP executive cover do you know if Im covered?

PS Just being lazy really. Gods knows where my cover documents are
AXA PPP are kindly paying for my visit to the hospital next week for op. They were full of questions when I phoned to get the authorization for the op ...wonder if they'll pay for the medical?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:47 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
AXA PPP are kindly paying for my visit to the hospital next week for op. They were full of questions when I phoned to get the authorization for the op ...wonder if they'll pay for the medical?
Fingers crossed