Health insurance

Old Apr 11th 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

c_wal10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health insurance

Hi
Just wondered if anyone could recommend a health insurance provider in New Zealand?
Also can anyone tell me the cost of thyroxine there.
Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:25 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health insurance

I cannot advise on health insurance, sorry

Medication costs depend on whether it is funded or not.
A funded medication will cost you $3 per prescription which you pay at the chemist when you pick it up. If your version of thyroxine is not funded you can opt to pay full price [thyroxine is fairly cheap-we dispense the human prep for dogs in NZ as there is no licensed alternative] or speak to your doctor and ask to change to a funded version. I understand that some people prefer certain brands of hormone medication and do not want to switch.
You do also have to pay for every doctor's visit- $30-40 per consultation.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health insurance

Originally Posted by Persephone
I cannot advise on health insurance, sorry

Medication costs depend on whether it is funded or not.
A funded medication will cost you $3 per prescription which you pay at the chemist when you pick it up.
The costs of prescriptions rose on the 1st of January from $3 to $5 per item