Health Insurance?

Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:59 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Health Insurance?

Hi,

In view of the potentially high costs associated with healthcare in New Zealand, I was wondering whether anyone had any information with regards to annual healthcare insurance in terms of how much family cover might cost, and what type of cover that would provide.

Having heard just last weekend of a friend diagnosed with cancer who has just paid 20k for her operation and then 6k per chemo session that she requires fortnightly, I thought this might be a wise option in looking ahead, but wondered what the costs/companies/cover was like. And any views as to how popular this is in NZ?

Also, could this be a benefit that employers may offer in the same way as private healthcare would be considered part of benefits packages in the UK?

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:09 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance?

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Hi,

In view of the potentially high costs associated with healthcare in New Zealand, I was wondering whether anyone had any information with regards to annual healthcare insurance in terms of how much family cover might cost, and what type of cover that would provide.

Having heard just last weekend of a friend diagnosed with cancer who has just paid 20k for her operation and then 6k per chemo session that she requires fortnightly, I thought this might be a wise option in looking ahead, but wondered what the costs/companies/cover was like. And any views as to how popular this is in NZ?

Also, could this be a benefit that employers may offer in the same way as private healthcare would be considered part of benefits packages in the UK?

Can't give you much info on this one at the moment Carmen as I'm terrified of getting quotes for my bunch of crocks so am nicely skirting the issue at the moment...but there are some links to health insurance companies on the expats website that pompey paul did for us...http://www.thisisfengshui.com/expats/health.htm
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:09 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Can't give you much info on this one at the moment Carmen as I'm terrified of getting quotes for my bunch of crocks so am nicely skirting the issue at the moment...but there are some links to health insurance companies on the expats website that pompey paul did for us...http://www.thisisfengshui.com/expats/health.htm
Thank you! Gosh should have looked their first shouldn't I.

Thought of you a wee while ago on your trip down to London. Hope the journey wasn't as bad as it sounded here all night - the rain was very heavy! Luckily it appears to be dry now though
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Hello
I'm dismayed to hear of you friend having to pay for cancer surgery and for her chemotherapy drugs. Can you PM me more details?
Gill
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:45 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Hate to say it but dont know of any companies in NZ that offer its employees healthcare packages. When I left there it was common for a lot of people not to have any health insurance & was totally an individual thing. My family always had private health insurance & Im glad we did as it enabled us to by pass the public system & have things done privately which was always a lot faster. Cant give you any quotes but it was affordable for our family of 5 & we werent on the best of wages either but something we felt we couldnt do without. Id look into the site Paul has listed & do some research if I was you.