Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Heading to Christchurch

Heading to Christchurch

Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice
Smile Heading to Christchurch

Hi all. Here goes, first post..... Husband, 9 month old son and I are nearing the end of the application process - medicals tomorrow. We are planning to move to Christchurch - fingers crossed house sells!! Just wanted to say hello, no doubt we will have a few questions soon!!! Mind you, have found loads of helpful information on the site.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

mardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nicemardavrio is just really nice
Default Re: Heading to Christchurch

Hi Denise,

Just wanted to say hi as it was a bit weird reading your post.

We're just about to start the whole process...there's me and the hubby and our 9month old daughter (well she's nearly 10months now).

We've been looking at Christchurch and Canterbury..so i thought it was a bit of a coincidence.

Hope everything works out for you, take care, Mary, x
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mardavrio
Hi Denise,

Just wanted to say hi as it was a bit weird reading your post.

We're just about to start the whole process...there's me and the hubby and our 9month old daughter (well she's nearly 10months now).

We've been looking at Christchurch and Canterbury..so i thought it was a bit of a coincidence.

Hope everything works out for you, take care, Mary, x
Hi,
My hubby and our 3 children, son 9yrs and 2 girls 5yrs and 18months have just gained PR and WHEN we sell the house we are off to Christchurch!! Not sure exactly where, have thought of Cashmere but think we'd prefer something abit further out, Rangiora or Kaiapoi appear nice!!?? what about you?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Hi, thanks for your replies. We are not exactly sure either - hubby looking into it. We rented a campervan a few years back and travelled around both islands, and we preferred the south. We are putting an extension on at the moment (hubby a joiner) so we are not on the market yet but shouldn't be too long!!! Hope all goes well for you.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Laradaf has a spectacular aura aboutLaradaf has a spectacular aura aboutLaradaf has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Denise01292
Hi all. Here goes, first post..... Husband, 9 month old son and I are nearing the end of the application process - medicals tomorrow. We are planning to move to Christchurch - fingers crossed house sells!! Just wanted to say hello, no doubt we will have a few questions soon!!! Mind you, have found loads of helpful information on the site.
Hey - good luck! We have been in Chch 5 weeks and are loving it - getting a bit homesick mind (sob...). My 6 year old and 2 year old seem fairly settled. Daughter is enjoying her new school. Still nice weather as well. Let me know how you get on. Lara
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Denise01292

Well hello to al the christchurch or chch bound folks, we have been here now for 18 months with our 3 year old daughter and loving it, still a little people sick, not home sick though.

BTW we are out in Rolleston

Cheers
Alan
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:48 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to the OP, and to all considering ChCh and Canterbury. A great place, and some great people here too

Me and the missus have been here over 2 yrs now and are still loving it. if you have any questions etc, then don't hesitate to shout out on here as there will always be someone around to help out.

Good luck!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hi to the OP, and to all considering ChCh and Canterbury. A great place, and some great people here too

Me and the missus have been here over 2 yrs now and are still loving it. if you have any questions etc, then don't hesitate to shout out on here as there will always be someone around to help out.

Good luck!
So...... where do you recommemd living in Christchurch & surrounding areas??? we want somewhere with things to do for the kids,obviously 'nice' (!?) area, community feeling, etc, you get the idea!! thnx
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:32 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Strawbie - if you haven't already, then ask this Q on the main forum and you'll get a load of responses as it's a bit lost on here in the introduction section.

Halswell sounds like it could suit you though, along with a large number of other places.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

SHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really nice

Hello Guys

Same applies here; heading to Christchurch Rangiora, Kaiapoi. in November.

ITA was submitted in Feb , OH just received Job offer so looking good fingers crossed

We have 2 girls 7 and 10.

If anybody knows of a job term time working with children or families let me know

Thanks

Mark
Old Jun 8th 2009, 4:32 am
Banned

Kiwikid will become famous soon enough

HI from Christchurch!! Hope your travel plans are going well, or WELCOME TO Christchurch if anyone has arrived recently.