Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Head shave for CanTeen!

Head shave for CanTeen!

Old Sep 14th 2012, 9:40 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Head shave for CanTeen!

Hello people- my daughter (14) is shaving all her beautiful blonde hair off to raise vital funds for CanTeen. She was inspired to do this partly by having a chum who has survived childhood cancer.

I think she's very brave, particularly as she knew she was moving to Britain quite early on and elected to do it anyway. Her target is to raise >$1000 and I think all up she has over $900 so far.

If you can spare a few dollars for this great cause, hop on over to her Give A Little Page where there's a 'donate' button that goes straight to CanTeen:

https://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/poppyshavesherhair

And here's some more about CanTeen and what they do:

http://www.canteen.org.nz/about
Old Sep 15th 2012, 12:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Head shave for CanTeen!

Good one & what a lovely thing to do for others

I've donated to CanTeen in the past & am more than happy to do so again, particularly for a long-standing NZ BE member & her thoughtful daughter.

Cheers

edit here....
Sorted! :-)

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 15th 2012 at 1:13 am.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 7:11 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BEVS, and big thanks for the donation, you lovely woman you
Old Sep 15th 2012, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Poppy exceeds her target for this fantastic charity

Well done Poppy for doing this.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:39 pm
---

She was thrilled when she woke up this morning, thanks to you lovelies
Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:21 pm
`

You and your daughter are very welcome BB.

I do hope that more donations roll in and she meets the target. It is such a worthy cause.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

gazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Hello people- my daughter (14) is shaving all her beautiful blonde hair off to raise vital funds for CanTeen. She was inspired to do this partly by having a chum who has survived childhood cancer.

I think she's very brave, particularly as she knew she was moving to Britain quite early on and elected to do it anyway. Her target is to raise >$1000 and I think all up she has over $900 so far.

If you can spare a few dollars for this great cause, hop on over to her Give A Little Page where there's a 'donate' button that goes straight to CanTeen:

https://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/poppyshavesherhair

And here's some more about CanTeen and what they do:

http://www.canteen.org.nz/about

As the father of a 3 year old with an inoperable brain tumour can I please offer my heart felt thanks to you and your very brave little girl, she must make you very proud! I will indeed be making a donation. On behalf of all families suffering this terrible disease.....thank you!!
Old Sep 17th 2012, 8:12 pm
---

Originally Posted by gazmfc
As the father of a 3 year old with an inoperable brain tumour can I please offer my heart felt thanks to you and your very brave little girl, she must make you very proud! I will indeed be making a donation. On behalf of all families suffering this terrible disease.....thank you!!
She does make me very proud, yes, and I will pass on your message. Love and strength to you and your family.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:25 pm
`

Originally Posted by gazmfc

So very sorry to read that Gazmfc. Life is more than unfair at times.
I hope each day is as good as it can be, with strength & love.
Take care
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:36 pm
`

Looks like this is going well BB. Makes me happy
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Only $5 off the target now. You must be so proud of Poppy.

Gazmfc - I'm so very sorry to read that too. My heart goes out to you. Wishing you & your family well x
Old Sep 20th 2012, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Poppy - you've reached your target!

Gazmfc - wishing you and your family love and strength x
Old Sep 21st 2012, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering how Poppy went on. How's she feeling today?
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 1:12 am
---

She's raised a little over $2k!

She was a bit teary but very brave during the shave- will later post some pics I took of her hair from behind before and after- just on my way out and running a little late right now ....

Thanks to all the generous BE people- she was so thrilled to make such a decent amount and it made it all worthwhile
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

Well done Poppy. She should be very proud of herself, I'm sure that you are hugely proud of her.

She's a

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.