Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Having a baby in NZ

Having a baby in NZ

Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Brianbrain will become famous soon enoughBrianbrain will become famous soon enough
Question Having a baby in NZ

Bit of a strange question - but here goes.... Does anyone know if you have a baby whilst on a work permit visa, would this entitle the family to permanent residence? Have tried to look on NZIS website but cannot find anything out!!
Many thanks - wishing all you epats a very merry christmas. :

Last edited by Brianbrain; Dec 15th 2006 at 1:01 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Having a baby in NZ

Originally Posted by Brianbrain
Bit of a strange question - but here goes.... Does anyone know if you have a baby whilst on a work permit visa, would this entitle the family to permanent residence? Have tried to look on NZIS website but cannot find anything out!!
Not 100% sure of the answer but IMHO I doubt it very much. Sorry to be absolutely no help whatsoever

Merry Christmas to you too
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:16 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brianbrain
erm...the answer is no...having a sprog here won't put blue stickers in your passport.

But don't let that stop you from having sex.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:40 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

excuse my niaiaiiivtivittity - (not sure of spelling)

Say me and dp got to NZ and had a baby there, does the baby automatically become a NZ citizen and get their passport? Or do DP and I have to have citizenship too? (then do i have to apply for UK citizenship for the baby?)

Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dreamfish

Say me and dp got to NZ and had a baby there, does the baby automatically become a NZ citizen and get their passport? Or do DP and I have to have citizenship too? (then do i have to apply for UK citizenship for the baby?)

I remember being told rules have changed recently to prevent this happening so no . Uk citizenship.sorry
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dreamfish

Why ask on a forum when all answers are able to be found on the net?
http://www.citizenship.govt.nz/diawe...s?OpenDocument
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
Because she wants friendly advice and not "up your self" comments like your's
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Having a baby in NZ

Did someone mention sex?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Because she wants friendly advice and not "up your self" comments like your's
Aaah, but I was actually able to answer the question... as was Google... unlike the "friendly advice" from people earlier
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

Aaah, but I was actually able to answer the question... as was Google... unlike the "friendly advice" from people earlier
i have to say Apple12 your typical output is rather up your apple like self
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
i have to say Apple12 your typical output is rather up your apple like self
Happy Christmas Secret Squirrel!
Nice to see you posting again
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:46 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

you're absolutely right. but you know how it is - trying to juggle two babies, a business, and whilst still blubbing from the special christmas thread, i fancied posing the question to the forum rather than the google-meister.

BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Having a baby in NZ

Did someone mention sex?
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

Happy Christmas Secret Squirrel!
Nice to see you posting again
thank you for your continued monitoring of my online activity
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Did someone mention sex?
is the heat getting to you mr NG?

SS
(formerly known as TT :-))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.