Have we got dull?

Old Jul 31st 2011, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Have we got dull?

Originally Posted by Clappy
but I have missed the "banter" that the Brits can do easily but doesn't happen in this country.
As a relatively new member to the forum (and one is who probably guilty of asking obvious questions!! ) I can see that is probably a bit wearing to read the same sort of questions about the same sort of subject ( and just for the record I have to agree that tomatoes are bloody expensive!!)

However, for me the beauty and value of a site like this is that it is current and reflects 'real' stories' and 'experiences' and a huge part of asking questions is to create a 'relationship' in which to share your excitement and trepidation with 'like-minded people' at the start of a new and scary adventure and to hopefully continue that journey

...and as Clappy states above 'it's great to share a bit of banter...'aye!'
Old Aug 1st 2011, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

I think people dare not post what they want to, or have a good old moan, because they would be stomped on by the evangelicals who have found nirvana in new zealand,

I have, however, have not, I am bored bored bored, have been through over 7000 aftershocks, my favourite haunts are gone, i do not hunt, shoot, fish or tramp, i can only look at beautiful scenery so many times, i am cold, there is only so many things you can do with a pumpkin when tomatoes are 13 dollars a kilo

on the upside, we have decent jobs, but the cost of living will catch up with us if we are not careful, my quality of life is not focused on scenery and low population, i had that in the uk, i like going out, buying stuff, going on holiday, good company, wine and food

Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:05 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dubstar
I think people dare not post what they want to, or have a good old moan, because they would be stomped on by the evangelicals who have found nirvana in new zealand,

Don't much care for emoticons - so try and imagine a double 'thumbs up'.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:41 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I have, however, have not, I am bored bored bored, have been through over 7000 aftershocks, my favourite haunts are gone, i do not hunt, shoot, fish or tramp, i can only look at beautiful scenery so many times, i am cold, there is only so many things you can do with a pumpkin when tomatoes are 13 dollars a kilo
on the upside, we have decent jobs, but the cost of living will catch up with us if we are not careful, my quality of life is not focused on scenery and low population, i had that in the uk, i like going out, buying stuff, going on holiday, good company, wine and food

Very much AGREE WITH you!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:44 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully last out till we get our citenship and try Oz at least it will be more people, more going out having fun, shopping and positive people!!!! Got to be better than here!!!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm rather hoping that people can post as they want to here as the place is supposed to be about help, support , listening and simply being there for other ex-pats.

FWIW . Some of that post could totally be me. Not my husband. Me.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:12 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about that? I'd say it's even stevens regarding getting criticised if one moans and getting shot down and told you're lying if you are happy! And trust me, I've seen them all ... It doesn't bother me, I am happy and have found my little piece of Nirvana, for now. But I appreciate that's just me and everyone has different experiences and that's what we share on here.

I can appreciate the stress and disruption you must have been through and are still going through if you are in ChCh. I think I would have given up by now.

Genesis, BE goes in cycles. On the whole the NZ forum is quiet because it is one of the less active ones. If we hit 50 viewers that's busy, Canada, Oz and the US average probably 250 at any given time, just to give you an idea. I think what is nice about the NZ forum is that ours seems a more quickly bonded group because of the lower numbers.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe you think folk can't post what they want to in here. This board is full of those who think NZ should adapt to their way of life. Unfortunately when you move to another country you have to adapt to it.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I can't believe you think folk can't post what they want to in here. This board is full of those who think NZ should adapt to their way of life. Unfortunately when you move to another country you have to adapt to it.
Wouldn't it be better if people could just be who they are. Much fewer 'false' people then, don't you think.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

but i dont want to whinge about coffee, bake muffins, wear odd clothing combo's, say how are you

what am i supposed to be adapting to exactly
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by billingham
Wouldn't it be better if people could just be who they are. Much fewer 'false' people then, don't you think.
I have to agree Billingham in a 'wider sense'......however, when you move to a new country you have to respect and recognise the culture, tradition, beliefs, values, history, community and heritage of the country that you move too......but it's true 'wouldn't it be better if people could be who they are'... not sure if it would mean less 'false' people though!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

what am i supposed to be adapting to exactly
You can be either the no-nonsense, humourless and pushy Margo Leadbetter, pseudo posh type: keeping up appearances with the pony club and the music society or you can be the very ungraceful Barbara Good, up to your gumboots in chicken poo type.

That's it, that's all they have left, the choice is yours!!

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Aug 1st 2011 at 11:08 am.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
You can be either the no-nonsense, humourless and pushy Margo Leadbetter, pseudo posh type: keeping up appearances with the pony club and the music society or you can be the very ungraceful Barbara Good, up to your gumboots in chicken poo type.

That's it, that's all they have left, the choice is yours!!
That's why you always found me in the kitchen at parties.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Luckybird
I have to agree Billingham in a 'wider sense'......however, when you move to a new country you have to respect and recognise the culture, tradition, beliefs, values, history, community and heritage of the country that you move too......but it's true 'wouldn't it be better if people could be who they are'... not sure if it would mean less 'false' people though!
I can swing with that - Respect / learn / recognise - just have difficulty with the adapting bit. Some people in the UK expected immigrants to adapt (adopt?) the British ways, whereas I was more the Notting Hill carnival type - show us what you have got and let's celebrate the diversity. The false bit was a bit strong, but logically, if you are not who you really are, then you are not your true self ie false?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billingham
I can swing with that - Respect / learn / recognise - just have difficulty with the adapting bit. Some people in the UK expected immigrants to adapt (adopt?) the British ways, whereas I was more the Notting Hill carnival type - show us what you have got and let's celebrate the diversity.
Agree....not adapt (adopt) but respect/learn/recognise absolutely and celebrate diversity absolutely

‘Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day.’

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.