Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Have The Prison Officers Got A Definite Moving Date

Have The Prison Officers Got A Definite Moving Date

Old Oct 14th 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future
Default Have The Prison Officers Got A Definite Moving Date

The other prison officer thread has now gone very quiet. Wondered if some had already gone and who is ready for the off.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

dekajack1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Have The Prison Officers Got A Definite Moving Date

Originally Posted by ranbysue
The other prison officer thread has now gone very quiet. Wondered if some had already gone and who is ready for the off.
Hi

I know of at least one officer who went out at the end of August "Nudenut". Worked beside him but have heard nothing since.

Also know of one manager flying out on Monday, my colleague flies out 27/12 and I fly out 9/1.

Ann
Old Oct 14th 2005, 10:20 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

I'll be flying out as soon as I sell the house, which is not looking good what with Christmas on the way

only had 5 viewings in 3 months, really getting stressed now feel like it will never happen

I applied to join the NZ prison service last October, it's taken a year to get this far, I was the first person to be interviewed and I'm still here and every one is leaving around me

It will happen........one day!!!!!!!!!!!

K9
Old Oct 14th 2005, 11:27 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

A few of the guys I work with are heading out in January to start in March

I dont think the thread has died, just became a bit to long to keep up with the topic

Eddie
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:49 am
Just Joined

superscrew is an unknown quantity at this point

I am off in Febuary, sold house got visas and flight is booked. Start a 2 week induction at ChCh on the 13th of Feb and then off to Wellington on the 27th for the 6 week course. Apparently they pay for 2 weeks accommodation for you and the family when you first arrive. Paid £477 for 1 way flight with Air NZ which I thought was quite good. Any one else going to South island?
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:04 pm

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

We are waiting for confirmation of a new start date for the South Island. We were originally going to Invercargill in November 2005 but that was cancelled as there were no vacancies. We are expecting Christchurch until the new facility opens in Otago in 2007. We have provisionally been booked on the Wellington course starting in late February 2006 and hopefully will get confirmation next week.
Our house is going through at the moment and we expect to exchange in early December ( no chain, thank God ).
We have chosen PSS for the removal and have money set aside to book a flight...........one way........nice !!!
Just need that date now.....

Taff and Debs.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:29 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by superscrew
I am off in Febuary, sold house got visas and flight is booked. Start a 2 week induction at ChCh on the 13th of Feb and then off to Wellington on the 27th for the 6 week course. Apparently they pay for 2 weeks accommodation for you and the family when you first arrive. Paid £477 for 1 way flight with Air NZ which I thought was quite good. Any one else going to South island?
Hiya yes we are off to Christchurch and my husband is on the same course as you. We are leaving here on the 9/1 same as Dekajack1..what airline you travelling on?

I am busy going through the house now thinking of what to take and to leave behind. Everyone on these sites says take it all but I think I'd need a 40ft container to fit it all in....

I just dread the thought of it all and wish I could close my eyes and be there all settled without all the hassle...

Sue
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

dekajack1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Hiya yes we are off to Christchurch and my husband is on the same course as you. We are leaving here on the 9/1 same as Dekajack1..what airline you travelling on?

I am busy going through the house now thinking of what to take and to leave behind. Everyone on these sites says take it all but I think I'd need a 40ft container to fit it all in....

I just dread the thought of it all and wish I could close my eyes and be there all settled without all the hassle...

Sue

Hi Sue,

Flying out on 9th January with Air New Zealand. Still dont know what jail I will be in but it looks like it will be either Rimutaki or the womans jail (eek). Hoping to start February but still waiting for confirmation of what course.

Heard today from a friend who is actually at the college, dont think he likes being back at college although he has bought a house and his wife has got a job and they are in the Christchurch area.

Ann
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross

Sue
Hi Sue

Glad to find someone else going to ChCh, I am flying with Air New Zealand with them you get 64kg baggage allowance each!!
We decided to take everything and have a 20ft container rest is going to car boot sale. Have you found anywhere to live as you are going out early? I need to find somewhere to stay as I am going to use the 2 weeks that they pay for for when my wife flies out after I have finished the course.
Stay in touch as it will be nice to know somebody when we get there.
Brendan
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:35 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by superscrew
Hi Sue

Glad to find someone else going to ChCh, I am flying with Air New Zealand with them you get 64kg baggage allowance each!!
We decided to take everything and have a 20ft container rest is going to car boot sale. Have you found anywhere to live as you are going out early? I need to find somewhere to stay as I am going to use the 2 weeks that they pay for for when my wife flies out after I have finished the course.
Stay in touch as it will be nice to know somebody when we get there.
Brendan
Hi Brendan,

We haven't found anywhere yet although I have been searching the rental sites online and seen a few places I like, problem is most rental houses just have a picture of the outside and none of the inside as they assume that you can make an appointment to see the property. We intend to rent when we arrive and then have a look round for somewhere to buy.

We are going on Virgin to Hong Kong for a couple of days and then to Sydney for another few days before heading to Christchurch. I work for them here and have got a good deal on prices.

I have been told that I will need more than a 20ft container even though I didn't think we had THAT MUCH stuff, but having a ton of kids and all their worldly possessions doesn't help though looking at previous threads I bet I will be glad that Ive taken everything with me....

Sue
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:46 am

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

We have found out today that we are now going to be placed in Invercargill, as originally planned, which we are happy with as we wanted to live in, and explore, Southland for a year or two until the new facility opens in Otago in 2007.(ish)

Our course starts in Wellington on 27th February 2006 so it means we will have to work through Xmas ( I was looking forward to telling them what to do with the Xmas detail !!! ). Next job is to book the flights and re price the removal company.......

At last its starting to be a reality...............

Taff and Debs.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Hi everyone,

We have found out today that we are now going to be placed in Invercargill, as originally planned, which we are happy with as we wanted to live in, and explore, Southland for a year or two until the new facility opens in Otago in 2007.(ish)

Our course starts in Wellington on 27th February 2006 so it means we will have to work through Xmas ( I was looking forward to telling them what to do with the Xmas detail !!! ). Next job is to book the flights and re price the removal company.......

At last its starting to be a reality...............

Taff and Debs.
Nice one, glad things are starting to work out for you. I am also on the 27th course so I will see you there!!!!
As for the Xmas detail I feel a case of bird flu coming on!!!!!!!!
Brendan