Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Have a poxy argument posts - split from a fun thread . :-< cheers BEVS

Have a poxy argument posts - split from a fun thread . :-< cheers BEVS

Old Nov 17th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something positive maybe?

Originally Posted by mikesurf
haha can't believe you are comparing Germany with New Zealand, that's a bit like comparing Paris to the Invercargil.
Never was a big fan of Germany. That is why I left. But NZ really made me appreciate Germany. I guess that is a good think making peace with your country.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 7:34 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Assanah

Ah, getting personal now. That's all you can do if people don't agree with you?
Not personal just fed up with you complaining on every thread.

Im Hitting ignore button

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 18th 2012 at 5:48 am. Reason: If you guys are gonna argue can you at least get the quotes right so you are arguing with the right person :D
Old Nov 17th 2012, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
Keep trying
Old Nov 17th 2012, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
No? Do you not remember this one aired on CNN a while back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzcLWNhWD70
I wasn't speaking of tourism. I wrote about export. Germany is not a top tourist destination and luckily tourism isn't that important for the economy in Germany. Tourism is known to be a sector that doesn't generate wealth. It is good for generating low-paid jobs. Not something Germany aspires too, I hope.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:07 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody else finds it striking that the only thing that NZ seem to offer is landscapes?
I don't think there are to many people on the same page as you Assanah, not on this POSITIVE thread anyway.

I think we all get that you don't like living in NZ, fair enough. But I really fail to understand that wee little thrill you must get from your posts.

Your continual comparison to Germany, achieves what exactly? It's pointless.

BTW I read somewhere that Germen men prefer to urinate sitting down. WTF is up with that?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ing-a-sit-down

So maybe this is the reason that NZ is ultra-annoying for you? Men in NZ are able to stand up, proudly and go with the flow.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 18th 2012 at 5:48 am. Reason: If you guys are gonna argue can you at least get the quotes right so you are arguing with the right person :D
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Catchafire

I think we all get that you don't like living in NZ, fair enough. But I really fail to understand that wee little thrill you must get from your posts.

That's what I can't understand???

BTW I read somewhere that Germen men prefer to urinate sitting down. WTF is up with that?

So maybe this is the reason that NZ is ultra-annoying for you? Men in NZ are able to stand up, proudly and go with the flow.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 18th 2012 at 5:49 am. Reason: If you guys are gonna argue can you at least get the quotes right so you are arguing with the right person :D
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Catchafire

I don't think there are to many people on the same page as you Assanah, not on this POSITIVE thread anyway.

Haha, well at least something else that we can mention on the positive side for NZ, lush bushes and beautiful beaches and men standing up to pee....

I think the point of me comparing Germany to NZ is simply to work out my position. Also I think it good for people that are thinking about moving here to read negative post and also know of the reasons for these posts. I am quite aware that my posts are pointless for you or anybody who is already here.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 18th 2012 at 5:49 am. Reason: If you guys are gonna argue can you at least get the quotes right so you are arguing with the right person :D
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:54 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Germany is not a top tourist destination and luckily tourism isn't that important for the economy in Germany. Tourism is known to be a sector that doesn't generate wealth. It is good for generating low-paid jobs. Not something Germany aspires too, I hope.
http://www.wttc.org/news-media/news-...stagnate-2012/

Berlin is highly popular amongst tourists, especially from the UK. Can't help but resist Ryanair's stupidly cheap flights!

I'm beginning to understand why you don't get on well in NZ. Your attitude is terrible! "Low paid jobs is not something Germany aspires to", have you heard yourself? No wonder you haven't been able to integrate and make friends. It's those low paid people who serve you in a supermarket, who clean your offices, look after your kids in daycare, serve you coffee in Starbucks, stack the supermarket shelves so you can buy the goods. A low paid job is better than no job at all...
Old Nov 17th 2012, 9:04 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
And the nice positive thread goes downhill and depressing again
Yeah, i give up, its getting real hard to give anyone a moderate or typical viewpoint without the bad-experience-and-want-everyone-to-know-it posts turning every example into a doomsday thread....

Think ill take a week off, one of my life aims is not to be depressed by a forum....
Old Nov 17th 2012, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi
Yeah, i give up, its getting real hard to give anyone a moderate or typical viewpoint without the bad-experience-and-want-everyone-to-know-it posts turning every example into a doomsday thread....

Think ill take a week off, one of my life aims is not to be depressed by a forum....
I think I'm going to have a rest from the forum for a while its getting depressing, every positive thread gets turned into negatives
Old Nov 18th 2012, 12:35 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't speaking of tourism. I wrote about export.
Now I couldn't let this pass.

Economics 101.

Exports generate overseas earnings, ie a flow into the country from overseas.

Guess what tourism does?

Cool, now we understand what is driving the advertising of the respective industries we can, perhaps, understand the same aim is applied. So I really don't see why it is so bad that sometimes NZ tourism/image etc etc is overblown, it is just the same in any export business (see above comment re the "Ultimate Driving Machine" brand, this was created by BMW at VAST expense over many years (sound familiar to the NZ tourism brand?? - shall we compare the net environmental benefit of new cars vs continued use of old cars perhaps).

NZ has some great benefits and deserves a break, it is no worse than any other western economy in respect of branding.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, getting personal now. That's all you can do if people don't agree with you?
Out of interest, if you don't like a thread because it's not something you either agree with or understand, why would you bother posting on it? Love starts a thread about positive stuff in NZ - TOURISM based - if you don't have anything positive to say why not just ignore the thread? It seriously makes no sense. I'm sure there are plenty of helpful negative NZ threads you could stick with.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 18th 2012 at 11:15 pm. Reason: quotes
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Something positive maybe?

This thread is too early in the year really, it's during the summer people start going on about how much they like New Zealand.

I'd like to point out that New Zealand is outperforming Germany in may economic indicators right now. We're not ahead in critical areas but I think we have more...unexploited potential. New Zealand is still a young country, our fate is not decided but we must be willing to take bigger risks and faster to move on glaringly obvious problems big and small. Especially in government where the pace of advancement has become...glacial.

I like the other aspects of living here from the freedom inherent in rural living to the astonishing natural beauty of the countryside.

We may have a long way to go on the practical bread-on-the-table type stuff like income, welfare, transport, environment etc. but they are issues that a good push away from conservative political views could deal with. We have something those other OECD countries don't have and can't buy but we all realise we must do better and go in a different direction from now on. That's the value in a young country, we can still change and evolve at a faster rate.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 4:30 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikesurf
I agree with all of that stuff but you can gat all of that in a lot of countries. The important thing is a good standard of living, good housing, cheap produce, a good social life, culture and family and friends. None of which we had in NZ.
(my bolding and underlining)

And I'm sorry you didn't but lots of people do. Life didn't work out peachy here for you, that's a shame but I don't get your insistence that it's because there's something inherently wrong with NZ; what you wanted from life just wasn't to be found here; fair enough, move on but don't becoming a moaning muppet.

I think the point of me comparing Germany to NZ is simply to work out my position. Also I think it good for people that are thinking about moving here to read negative post and also know of the reasons for these posts. I am quite aware that my posts are pointless for you or anybody who is already here.
Ahhh, some truth at last. It's cathartic for you to flame the whole of NZ because life didn't work out for you. The second part- about "warning" others is nonsense; loads of people share negative experiences without the unrelenting anti-NZ bias you display.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Out of interest, if you don't like a thread because it's not something you either agree with or understand, why would you bother posting on it? Love starts a thread about positive stuff in NZ - TOURISM based - if you don't have anything positive to say why not just ignore the thread? It seriously makes no sense. I'm sure there are plenty of helpful negatve NZ threads you could stick with.
Some folk have got a lot to prove (to themselves).
Old Nov 18th 2012, 4:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
It's cathartic for you to flame the whole of NZ because life didn't work out for you. The second part- about "warning" others is nonsense; loads of people share negative experiences without the unrelenting anti-NZ bias you display.
Yes. And I have had enough of this .

Share and care .

What should not be happening is raining on anyone else's parade just for the say so OR raining down further shite on those already struggling wherever they are in the world.

Hear me . Read me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.