Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It has rained cats and dogs all day in New Zealand and I am on holiday to escape snow

It has rained cats and dogs all day in New Zealand and I am on holiday to escape snow

Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Angry It has rained cats and dogs all day in New Zealand and I am on holiday to escape snow

Sunday, 31 January in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, North Island and it has rained all day and will probably need a canoe to get passed the front door of our daughter's house to actually get to our hire car!!

How long does this type of rain go on for? Spent the whole day looking at it with a sad face!!! I am on holiday for a month and thought I had cracked it escaping the awful snow and cold of the North of England and now this rain which is like someone turning a shower on - I want to go to the beach!!!! (rant over). Off to make a cup of tea (again)!!!!

Last edited by Paula2007; Jan 31st 2010 at 12:44 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:48 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: It has rained cats and dogs all day in New Zealand and I am on holiday to escape

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Sunday, 31 January in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, North Island and it has rained all day and will probably need a canoe to get passed the front door of our daughter's house to actually get to our hire car!!

How long does this type of rain go on for? Spent the whole day looking at it with a sad face!!! I am on holiday for a month and thought I had cracked it escaping the awful snow and cold of the North of England and now this rain which is like someone turning a shower on - I want to go to the beach!!!! (rant over). Off to make a cup of tea (again)!!!!
We are in Tauranga too
and cant get out either my van is broken down
and i cant get out of the door without a boat
we are running out of coffee and have no alcohol

Last edited by bdclayton; Jan 31st 2010 at 12:50 am.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It has rained cats and dogs all day in New Zealand and I am on holiday to escape

We are on holiday as well in Papamoa for 6 weeks. Our daughters house used to back on to a reserve it now backs on to a flowing river. I am expecting ducks to go by shortly.

June
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:28 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

In Nelson and basking in the sun, can't believe the weather up north !
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I was not wrong there are ducks at the bottom of the garden now!!!!

June
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Oooops, sorry about that. I've got friends from England travelling around NZ at the moment too & no doubt they're wishing they'd packed their wellies along with the vast quantities of sunscreen that I'd recommended . But at least it's warm....I've just spent the afternoon at a very wet & muddy A&P show, and did try putting on a waterproof jacket but got too hot too quickly in that, so I took it off and just got wet instead .

But NZ is a green & beautiful land, and plentiful rain is needed to sustain that, and the agricultural industry. I know in the early days I dared to complain about the rain (I arrived in June 08 & I swear it rained continuously for at least 6 weeks after I arrived ) and I got a pretty severe reprimand from one of my work colleagues who happens to be married to a farmer. You see to the farming community that wet stuff is liquid gold .......and nature provides it for free

So, get your waterproofs on, and get out there & I enjoy. I'm the first to admit that it'd be so much more pleasant in the sunshine, and there should be plenty more of that on the way , this is still summer after all but NZ has a reputation for plentiful rain....not unlike the UK in that respect I suppose.....and this is the reality of NZ weather. Changeable, unpredictable.....and prone to plenty of harsh sun and wet, wet rain
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:28 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
In Nelson and basking in the sun, can't believe the weather up north !
WTF??? has been baking here in Wanganui but rain today but it was a nice welcome to the heat!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

5.30 Pm here just about to go out for dinner with my shorts on been cracking the flags all day

Ur on the wrong island
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:25 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
WTF??? has been baking here in Wanganui but rain today but it was a nice welcome to the heat!
Yea very hot but nice breeze here, but def no sign of rain today .....
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:01 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

All is well here now in Tauranga its stopped raining and the important thing is we have fresh supplies of ALCOHOL.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

it's been foul here in Welly too.
Attached Thumbnails It has rained cats and dogs all day in New Zealand and I am on holiday to escape snow-478966.bmp   It has rained cats and dogs all day in New Zealand and I am on holiday to escape snow-xtbxhyky5u.jpg  
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Got burnt yesterday,hot again today,south island best place to be the last couple of days

Helen
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:41 am

still rather be in the north though no freezing winters!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by crap coffee
it's been foul here in Welly too.
It's always foul in welly!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

It's been fine all day on the Kapiti Coast today - just 45 mins out of Welly. Cloudy & breezy but not raining.....not as good as yesterday though when it was just beautiful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.