British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Has anyone flown with (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/has-anyone-flown-738962/)

MrsFychan Nov 15th 2011 7:03 am

Has anyone flown with

Korean air? are they good/bad

some feedback would be greatly appreciated

Gill and Rob Nov 15th 2011 7:33 am

Re: Has anyone flown with

Yes, hubby went back to the UK with them in the UK summer. There was an over night stop over in Seoul with a quite nice hotel thrown in. Food was not to hubbys liking as it was mainly Korean served on the flight and he is a meat and two veg man. Service was OK

Would use them again he said.

Cheers Gill

faye_h Nov 15th 2011 8:01 pm

A few people who have been to visit us have flown with Korean Air and all said they would fly with them again.

Just be aware with the overnight stop - make sure you check at the airport when checking in that they have your name down for the hotel. My parents came to visit earlier this year and when they arrived in Seoul on the way back home their name had been missed off the list for the hotel! They had to find somewhere to stay because Korean Air wouldn't help them saying it was the travel agents fault. :sneaky:

vicci Nov 16th 2011 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9733401)
Korean air? are they good/bad

some feedback would be greatly appreciated

Hi we have flown with Korean 4 times now back to the UK, we found them great and we got put up in the Hyatt in Soeul (thank you very much) all being well we shall fly with them early next year when we go back to the UK again.:)

sarahinnz Nov 18th 2011 5:22 am

We used them to visit the UK last year and wouldnt use them again, they are cheap because they are very basic, food was horrible both korean and english choice, and on the way back we had a plane with no entertainment for a long haul flight was a nightmare with pre teen and teenage kids.
You only get what you pay for and cheap is not always the best option!

j19fmm Nov 18th 2011 7:04 pm

Have flown with them there and back twice. English food was ok, leg room good, in-flight entertainment wasn't great, some shared screens, the overnight stay on the London bound leg was fine, caught up on some sleep - don't touch the mini bar though (expensive). Word of caution, you have the option to check your bags straight through. We did that and my suitcase was well and truely gone through - they even pinched some of my Perkynanas :eek: is nothing sacred???
Am considering using them again next summer. At the end of the day a flight is a flight and if you want to save money.....