Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Has anyone experienced shared shipping?

Has anyone experienced shared shipping?

Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

2005mike71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone experienced shared shipping?

I am looking at all my stuff which isn't a lot to be honest, but what i have got i paid a lot for. I probably wont get a lot of the money back so i just wanted to weigh up the cost of sharing a container.
Has anyone done this yet?
If you have, or know someone who did can you tell me how much roughly you got charged and how much you took?
Also who did you use?

Thanks Mike
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has anyone experienced shared shipping?

Originally Posted by 2005mike71
I am looking at all my stuff which isn't a lot to be honest, but what i have got i paid a lot for. I probably wont get a lot of the money back so i just wanted to weigh up the cost of sharing a container.
Has anyone done this yet?
If you have, or know someone who did can you tell me how much roughly you got charged and how much you took?
Also who did you use?

Thanks Mike
hi we have a qoute from european van lines uk for 600 cubic feet door to door and them packing and unpacking £2,200 to tauranga
uk phone number 1753 561490, think it takes about eight to ten weeks
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:46 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I brought over 72 cu ft and it cost me about £700. I used PSS.
I chose them as they were the only one which gave me an exact quote for packing/unpacking/transport door to door. All the others gave me a base price plus £xx per box to be packed and unpacked and £xx per packing materials plus mileage. I don't think there would have been much between them cost wise once it was all added up. I just preferred to know exactly how much I was going to be paying and not have any nasty surprises as the costs escalated
Only problem I had is that my stuff took 3-4m to get to NZ from leaving my house in the UK, longer than they had predicted. They have to wait for the container to fill before shipping it
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:14 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

We used Crown and had a difficult house to judge how much of a container we would need. On the day we were leaving we were on the motorway driving from Glasgow to London via shropshire to drop off the animals when the phone rang somewhere in England - it was Crown saying there wasnt room in the 20ft container and the rest would need to go in a shared one. They totally had us over a barrell as how could we even know what was in and what was out!
I had a bit of a tantrum - I mean we were pretty stressed - and they said they would call back - in the mean time DH and I came up with what we thought would be a fair price- when they called back they came in just under - I remember that - but how much it was I have no idea - could have been pretty much anything
The point of this ramble is that even though we had a container and a part shared load it all arrived together and everything was fine.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:10 am
Just Joined

2005mike71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good. I have a rough idea now. I could probably get it all in 72cu.ft so thanks for that. I don't really mind how long it took to get there, it will save me buying new once i get there.

thank you
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

We used Crown and shared a 40ft container with no problems....everything that was packed arrived,with no extras from the shared load.

Phyl x