Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Has anyone done House Swap from the UK to NZ?

Has anyone done House Swap from the UK to NZ?

Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Has anyone done House Swap from the UK to NZ?

Hi,

I’m a UK Citizen living in New Zealand with my kiwi partner and have been in this beautiful country for nearly 18 months. As you can see below timeline, I'm planning to settle here and gain my Permanent Residency.

One of the big things I miss is my family back home especially my mother as we are both very close. She (divorced in her early 60’s) came over for a 3-week holiday earlier in the year and she loved it so much. Now she wants to live here! To start off, she is thinking about coming over for up to 6 months whilst on a visitor’s permit. The plan for the future is to sponsor her once I get my PR after 3 years.

She is currently working but is thinking about retiring so her dream is to stay in NZ and see more of the country. I have just started to look up House Swap/Exchange and have seen some lovely homes in Auckland that my mum would stay. Does anyone recommend any good websites? Maybe if you have been in this situation and whether it was successful? I would love to hear your own experiences.

She has been doing her house up beautifully so that it has potential to sell one day and move to NZ permanently.

Thanks.
Claire