Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:12 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Bodger1694 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Recci in March had a good price of above company.

Has anybody used them?

Regards
Bryan
Bodger1694 is offline  
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:24 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Posts: 100
jackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nice
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

We havent used them ... yet! But we have booked with Pegasus for our recce in Feb, from their Picton office. Have to say that after sending a few emails back and forth that the personal service has been very good and the rates very reasonable. Lets hope it turns out ok!.
You could try searching for Pegasus as i'm sure i got their contact details off the forum.
Enjoy your trip,
Jackie
jackietyfry is offline  
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:37 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Bodger1694 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by jackietyfry View Post
We havent used them ... yet! But we have booked with Pegasus for our recce in Feb, from their Picton office. Have to say that after sending a few emails back and forth that the personal service has been very good and the rates very reasonable. Lets hope it turns out ok!.
You could try searching for Pegasus as i'm sure i got their contact details off the forum.
Enjoy your trip,
Jackie
Jackie,

Are you travelling around both island or just one?

We are going on the 8th March for 3 weeks, it was suppose to be two families, but my brother in law has had to pull out at the last minute. So it is just the three of us.

Hope you dont mind me asking, have you booked any where?

Regards
Karen
Bodger1694 is offline  
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:37 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunny Papamoa
Posts: 41
custard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant future
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Hi,
I used A2B car rentals for my recci. i hired a small hatchback with AC etc for £10.00/ day . They collect you from Auckland airport every hour. It takes approx 10mins to their depot . On return they take you back to the airport.
I found them easy to book and deal with.
It may be worth a look as they had all sizes of cars when I returned.

Hope you have as great a time as I had(I stayed in Auckland, Hamilton and a couple of places in Tauranga and loved it)
any other info, please ask.
Where are you planning?
custard creams is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2007, 12:20 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Posts: 100
jackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nice
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by Bodger1694 View Post
Jackie,

Are you travelling around both island or just one?

We are going on the 8th March for 3 weeks, it was suppose to be two families, but my brother in law has had to pull out at the last minute. So it is just the three of us.

Hope you dont mind me asking, have you booked any where?

Regards
Karen
Hi Karen.
We are away for 4 weeks altogether and we plan to look at the coastal areas of North Island and the north of South Island. We only plan to look at places we might want to live so some of the other sights of Nz will have to wait. However we also plan to visit friends and family as like this forum their advice and experiences will be invaluable.

Basically we fly into Auckland and spend a few days, then travel down to Welly on the train and stay with friends for a while. Then we fly to ChCh and work our way back up spending time in Kaikoura and Nelson area before catching the ferry back to Welly. We have booked everything up to that point but now I need to look at the second leg of our trip and book a car (probably Pegasus) to take us back up to Auckland via Hawkes Bay and Bay of Plenty areas. if we have time we will go up as far as Northland but OH also wants in fit in lots of fishing too!!

I am trying to plan ahead but stay flexible if that makes sense!

Jackie
jackietyfry is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2007, 4:51 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Bodger1694 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by Richard S View Post
Hi,
I used A2B car rentals for my recci. i hired a small hatchback with AC etc for £10.00/ day . They collect you from Auckland airport every hour. It takes approx 10mins to their depot . On return they take you back to the airport.
I found them easy to book and deal with.
It may be worth a look as they had all sizes of cars when I returned.

Hope you have as great a time as I had(I stayed in Auckland, Hamilton and a couple of places in Tauranga and loved it)
any other info, please ask.
Where are you planning?
Hi Richard,
We are planning to stay he first night, in an hotel close to airport, then travel down to Tauranga (we have booked a motel for 5 nights) then make our way down to Wellington and then back to Auckland staying at various places.
Would you recommend booking places or as we go. We are over for 3 weeks.

We are hoping to move over middle of next year, so we want to check out different places, housing and schools.

Regards
Karen
Bodger1694 is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2007, 4:55 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Bodger1694 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by jackietyfry View Post
Hi Karen.
We are away for 4 weeks altogether and we plan to look at the coastal areas of North Island and the north of South Island. We only plan to look at places we might want to live so some of the other sights of Nz will have to wait. However we also plan to visit friends and family as like this forum their advice and experiences will be invaluable.

Basically we fly into Auckland and spend a few days, then travel down to Welly on the train and stay with friends for a while. Then we fly to ChCh and work our way back up spending time in Kaikoura and Nelson area before catching the ferry back to Welly. We have booked everything up to that point but now I need to look at the second leg of our trip and book a car (probably Pegasus) to take us back up to Auckland via Hawkes Bay and Bay of Plenty areas. if we have time we will go up as far as Northland but OH also wants in fit in lots of fishing too!!

I am trying to plan ahead but stay flexible if that makes sense!

Jackie

Hi Jackie,
We are doing the same as you, we are hopefully moving over next year, we want to check out schools, housing and jobs.

We are mainly staying on the north island, have you booked any places on the north island.

Regards
Karen
Bodger1694 is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:42 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tauranga
Posts: 56
mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by Bodger1694 View Post
Recci in March had a good price of above company.

Has anybody used them?

Regards
Bryan
We've hired people carriers from The Mount branch twice.

They are very helpful and friendly but word of warning...they are older cars hence the low rental price. First rental we couldn't fault but this time it was even older and not in A1 condition...but you get what you pay for and we'll probably rent from them a 3rd time.
mojos is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:27 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunny Papamoa
Posts: 41
custard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant future
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by Bodger1694 View Post
Hi Richard,
We are planning to stay he first night, in an hotel close to airport, then travel down to Tauranga (we have booked a motel for 5 nights) then make our way down to Wellington and then back to Auckland staying at various places.
Would you recommend booking places or as we go. We are over for 3 weeks.

We are hoping to move over middle of next year, so we want to check out different places, housing and schools.

Regards
Karen
Hi,
I didn,t book any in advance and found most had rooms available, however tauranga was the busiest with fewest vacancies. I think you will need to book if in high season.
custard creams is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:38 pm
  #10  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 647
Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by jackietyfry View Post
Hi Karen.
We are away for 4 weeks altogether and we plan to look at the coastal areas of North Island and the north of South Island. We only plan to look at places we might want to live so some of the other sights of Nz will have to wait. However we also plan to visit friends and family as like this forum their advice and experiences will be invaluable.

Basically we fly into Auckland and spend a few days, then travel down to Welly on the train and stay with friends for a while. Then we fly to ChCh and work our way back up spending time in Kaikoura and Nelson area before catching the ferry back to Welly. We have booked everything up to that point but now I need to look at the second leg of our trip and book a car (probably Pegasus) to take us back up to Auckland via Hawkes Bay and Bay of Plenty areas. if we have time we will go up as far as Northland but OH also wants in fit in lots of fishing too!!

I am trying to plan ahead but stay flexible if that makes sense!

Jackie
I might be mad, but if you are coming all this way see as much as you can! Stand on a glacier, jump out of a plan, spin around in a silly jet boat, climb hills stare at views, float down dark tunnels looking at glow worms, sit on beaches etc. Find the things you like about the place and what you would like to carry on doing without giving yourself stress over the everyday things, that in my experience work themselves out regardless. Above all what ever you do enjoy the now! Good Luck.

As for rental cars, they are always the fastest on the roads..
Dustybin is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:58 am
  #11  
conquering the world!
 
karonious's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Puatahanui, Porirua
Posts: 4,905
karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by Dustybin View Post
As for rental cars, they are always the fastest on the roads..
I'm inclined to think that's because you wouldn't thrash your own car to hell like you would a rental!!
Lord help me, my car is an ex-rental!
karonious is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:49 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Posts: 100
jackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nice
Default Re: has anbody used Pegasus Rental Cars Auckland?

Originally Posted by Dustybin View Post
I might be mad, but if you are coming all this way see as much as you can! Stand on a glacier, jump out of a plan, spin around in a silly jet boat, climb hills stare at views, float down dark tunnels looking at glow worms, sit on beaches etc. Find the things you like about the place and what you would like to carry on doing without giving yourself stress over the everyday things, that in my experience work themselves out regardless. Above all what ever you do enjoy the now! Good Luck.

As for rental cars, they are always the fastest on the roads..
Hi Dusty,
yeah we plan to do and see lots of stuff but it has to be coastal for us! If I could wake up near the ocean on a daily basis then that would be perfect ... and if he could fish every day that would be perfect for him. And beleieve me if he is happy then we are all happy
Jackie
jackietyfry is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.