Harvey Norman

Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Harvey Norman

I'm sure I have ranted about this before, but just how bloody *!$@ are they, who the hell buys that cr@p, it's like a timewarp, I remember furniture stores like that when I was young, 20 odd years ago, neon signs and no idea of how to layout a store to make it appealing to people, overpriced seriously badly styled furniture, leather looking more like PVC, dark dark wood furniture, nothing more modern that 1986, how on earth do they stay in business????

Come on Ikea, get your finger out and give this rubbish a run for it's money and give us suffering NZ'ers somewhere to buy modern, inexpensive furniture
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:55 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all
Default Re: Harvey Norman

Their eternal "sales" git on my nerves.
Apparently IKEA are heading for Auckland. Love their cheap furniture, but not sure i can take the hassle of the traffic/car park, and the family rows that kick off in there (is it just me, or is IKEA the place couples go to argue?)
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamlt1972
Their eternal "sales" git on my nerves.
Apparently IKEA are heading for Auckland. Love their cheap furniture, but not sure i can take the hassle of the traffic/car park, and the family rows that kick off in there (is it just me, or is IKEA the place couples go to argue?)
Ikea were trying for Auckland but it all got canned due to red tape and idiot locals complaining about the traffic increases, suggestions that the local furniture businesses put pressure on the Government too as they were affraid Ikea would nick all of their trade!!

Leaves us stuck with crap awful furniture and the likes of Harvey Bloody Norman...
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

er...don't go there then!
there's always a trade off....having never been to ikea...I don't miss it at all. What I love about NZ is that it's much harder to be a "consumer'
Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pricklykina
er...don't go there then!
there's always a trade off....having never been to ikea...I don't miss it at all. What I love about NZ is that it's much harder to be a "consumer'
Funny, its one of the things that makes me occasionally depressed about living here, I know what I want but just can't find it here, it's the lack of choice, especially on bigger items like furniture, you need to spend a fortune to get anything decent or quality and there are folks like Harvey Norman selling awful crap for stupid prices...a shake up would do NZ the world of good and bring prices down on lots of crazy overly expensive items
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:59 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Actually a shakeup in Australia would do NZ good. Other than Ikea (and it's still pretty new in Australia btw) those stores are Australian.

Oh and I hate to say it, but if NZ gets ikea it won't be cheap. It will be like the Australian model I suspect. Designs would be similar to the UK and Europe (but more limited).

fwiw I disliked a lot of ikea's bigger items. their small stuff (lamps, soft furnishings etc) was ok.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:09 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - tune your satellite receiver to SBS 1, 2, 3 and 4 and you can see the Harvey Norman Sale with an Aussie voiceover........different Island, same old sh!t.......
But SBS do show the Ashes, Champions League, ODIs and other sport, often live and free on freeview, there is hope for TV here, even if it has to be Aussie TV !!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Oh and I hate to say it, but if NZ gets ikea it won't be cheap. It will be like the Australian model I suspect. Designs would be similar to the UK and Europe (but more limited).
Ikea in Australia is as cheap as Europe, even cheaper in some things, and they carry the full range. the Melbourne store is an exact replica of one in London.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:19 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Then they have changed it so that's good. It was more expensive and with less of a range.

I stand (happily!) corrected.

Actually I just realised...when I said 'similar' range I meant same stuff but less of a selection. If that's changed (as you say) then that's great!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:39 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by irnbru14

Come on Ikea, get your finger out and give this rubbish a run for it's money and give us suffering NZ'ers somewhere to buy modern, inexpensive furniture
There is a maze in Wanaka that is a good substitute if you re bored...
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
There is a maze in Wanaka that is a good substitute if you re bored...
Wish lack of furniture choice was the worst thing that had happened in my life.

I say be prepared to shop around and be patient.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:17 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Wish lack of furniture choice was the worst thing that had happened in my life.

I say be prepared to shop around and be patient..

..in my day, you used to sit on a tea chest if you were lucky, happen......
eere, have a pint of "toughen up"!

(not really part of the quote but we can see where this is leading.....)

us whippersnappers don't know we were born do we ????
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
us whippersnappers don't know we were born do we ????
I feel a 'Yorkshire Man' sketch coming on.....
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

On the plus side, at least Harvey Norman sell proper washing machines etc.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:30 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I feel a 'Yorkshire Man' sketch coming on.....
eee, when I were't lad......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.