Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Happy Waitangi Day Everyone

Happy Waitangi Day Everyone

Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:26 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Happy Waitangi Day Everyone

It's after 12 so time for a

Happy birthday Mr Marley as well. Thank you for today's soundtrack.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:42 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Waitangi Day Everyone

I went out with a couple of patients and staff to the local Waitangi day celebrations here in Hamilton - by the lake indeed. Very busy, very multicultural - it had a really good feel with kids running about and people sitting on the grass. A lot of time and effort went into the planning, so well done Hamilton
Old Feb 6th 2007, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

yay for national holidays!
We have just been for a walk up the Rakaia Gorge walkway, inland from Methven. Gorgeous weather, awesome gorge, great swimming and an excellent walk.
Hope everyone else has had a good day too
Old Feb 6th 2007, 4:57 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Well it has rained so much up here ( 15 minutes away from Waitangi!) that we have stayed in all day watching DVDs!! Happy holiday everyone
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Waitangi Day peeps! Welly was stunningly hot (for me!),centre was sound,singing,fairs,sugar,spice,and of course all things nice.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:25 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karonious
I went out with a couple of patients and staff to the local Waitangi day celebrations here in Hamilton - by the lake indeed. Very busy, very multicultural - it had a really good feel with kids running about and people sitting on the grass. A lot of time and effort went into the planning, so well done Hamilton
Best Waitangi Day for me was when Katchafire played an acoustic set by the lake and I was hungover from the night before so watched and listened to their set from my sitting room. ACE.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
It's after 12 so time for a

Happy birthday Mr Marley as well. Thank you for today's soundtrack.
Are you going to the Soundsplash festival? It'll be on around now sometime
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:54 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mazi
Are you going to the Soundsplash festival? It'll be on around now sometime
We would love to, I am gutted they canned the Kaikoura Roots Festival. But with the current state of finances at the moment, Raglan might as well be on the moon.

Still we managed to have a excellent Waitangi Day! Great weather, swimming at river, BBQ and Bob Marley live at the Rainbow on DVD.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:18 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It was absolutely scorching hot in Christchurch, what a fab day for a holiday. We did kiwi stuff like smoking kowai we caught from the sea ourselves (no idea how to spell it?) I would recommend everyone get a smoker when you get here, smoked fish tastes fabulous
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:30 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Sky

How easy is the smoker to use?
I've been tempted to get one, but tend to be rubbish at fishing so not sure how much use I'll get.

ps Kahawai is how you spell it.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
swimming at riverhorrible, BBQ horribleand Bob Marley live at the Rainbow on DVD FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:47 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
Sky

How easy is the smoker to use?
I've been tempted to get one, but tend to be rubbish at fishing so not sure how much use I'll get.

ps Kahawai is how you spell it.
Very easy, you just get a bag of manuka sawdust chipping things from the sports shops or Mitre ten or somewhere like that and a bottle of meths.
Sprinkle an even layer of the sawdust inside the bottom pan of the smoker
Put your fish fillets in the smoker on the grills that come with it
Sprinkle brown sugar and salt on the fish
Put the dish of meths under the smoker, light it
Put the lid on the smoker and leave it for five or ten minutes.
Kahawai is so gorgeous, it has big meaty, juicy flakes and is a bit like tuna in texture.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:53 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Very easy, you just get a bag of manuka sawdust chipping things from the sports shops or Mitre ten or somewhere like that and a bottle of meths.
Sprinkle an even layer of the sawdust inside the bottom pan of the smoker
Put your fish fillets in the smoker on the grills that come with it
Sprinkle brown sugar and salt on the fish
Put the dish of meths under the smoker, light it
Put the lid on the smoker and leave it for five or ten minutes.
Kahawai is so gorgeous, it has big meaty, juicy flakes and is a bit like tuna in texture.
That's it! - I have been consider buying one for a while as a colleague goes fishing and often offers up his catch so I might just have to buy one if it is that easy. I love smoked chicken: would it be similar to cook, just give it longer?

Last edited by karonious; Feb 9th 2007 at 7:17 am.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:58 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by karonious
That's it! - I have been consider buying one for a while as a colleauge goes fishing and often offers up his catch so I might just have to buy one if it is that easy. I love smoked chicken: would it be similar to cook, just give it longer?
I don't know but was wondering the same, we'll have to experiment and swap success stories
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:17 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by sky
I don't know but was wondering the same, we'll have to experiment and swap success stories

I know - let's "ask poppets" for some hints.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.