Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Happiness in NZ for the wealthy only?

Happiness in NZ for the wealthy only?

Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:45 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Happiness in NZ for the wealthy only?

Originally Posted by Paladin

All I need in NZ is some good diving, And preferably a good Indian take away occasionally!!!

Dave
You'll get both of these things - I understand the diving is good, Boyfriend's brother says so anyway, but I can't comment personally as I hate the water as you know. There was a fab Indian take away near where we lived.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:47 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Batty
Would you believe, in two years, I only went there twice? I didn't really like it - it's like that thing 'London is England' - the Dam isn't Holland. The Hague actually has the status of a village (it's really a city) and is just beautiful. Has 'everything' that the Dam has but just easier to get to
Agree with you about Den Haag. V cool. Believe it or not I quite like Maastricht too, though many don't.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:03 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, that will do it to ya!!! Fair play to you for doing the right thing by your son tho!
Your scuppered on the new points system then?

Dave
I am in IT and have a degree so i get quite a lot of points .... i think i am just a few shy 20 ish......

Gotta do the right thing by Dennis .... but i know i shall regret it the rest of my life......by the time i can leave him i will be too old

really wanna live in Kaikoura and open a B&B .....where the mountains meet the sea!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
I am in IT and have a degree so i get quite a lot of points .... i think i am just a few shy 20 ish......

Gotta do the right thing by Dennis .... but i know i shall regret it the rest of my life......by the time i can leave him i will be too old

really wanna live in Kaikoura and open a B&B .....where the mountains meet the sea!

Yep, we wouldn't qualify on the new points now either, we had 110, as I am an old git too, well fairly old in narrow minded whinging peoples books anyway!!!

Actually am 43 but don't tell!!! Shhhh!!! Still feel and act like am in twenties, sad old git that I am!!!!

Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:39 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Paladin and Mr Dawes - you really should get together when you're over - I'll see what I can do about the Batty one cos shes a pal in the real world!!! and she's even better in person

Off to the A&P show - wish me luck! very tired I might show you our secret diving spots and you can get a good curry in kawakawa ( the one in Keri is pretty not good ) but efter extensive reseach Kawakawa is definitely the best around.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:44 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Paladin and Mr Dawes - you really should get together when you're over - I'll see what I can do about the Batty one cos shes a pal in the real world!!! and she's even better in person

Off to the A&P show - wish me luck! very tired I might show you our secret diving spots and you can get a good curry in kawakawa ( the one in Keri is pretty not good ) but efter extensive reseach Kawakawa is definitely the best around.
THIS show?

Im up for a good old meet up.

I think you will find that most of us on here would get on like an house on fire in the real World

Last edited by Jack Daws; Nov 10th 2006 at 3:48 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:47 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in the U.S. for 9 years(Uni + 5 yrs work - Colorado), enough for a million lifetimes!!! Just not me! The whole place is too money centred!!! And that self-absorbed tunnel vision patriotism..... YUK!!!

Now if I could have lived waaaay up in the Rockies, not needed to work and ski everyday, then it would've been fun!!!! But the "keep up with the Jones'" & rat race are the worst I have ever seen!!!

i see why some people still wanna go there but not my cup of tea! (even if they are deluded! )

I hear you! I'm in the Chicago suburbs. 10 years ago the area our house is in was open farmland. Illinois loses huge amounts of fertile farmland every year to house construction, with no end in sight. When we came over here a road near my in-laws' house was literally a gravel track. Now it's a dual carriageway with a huge central reservation (or "4-lane divided" in U.S.-speak), with massive houses all around, starting at 400K (US... about $650K NZ). We semi-joke that there can only be so many vice presidents at General Motors, to afford these houses. People live in debt to others here. It's a way of life. We're some of the few odd ones out. People think I'm strange when I turn down a store credit card to "save" 10%. I just tell them I don't need any more credit cards. I get the most weird looks.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:48 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
I'm 5 shy of automatic acceptance dammit!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:50 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

We get 210 on the points indicator without me contibuting. And we get 10 points if I do
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:56 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
We get 210 on the points indicator without me contibuting. And we get 10 points if I do
Woo hoo! You packing to leave yet? I only counted myself. Not sure hubby qualifies as "skilled migrant". He's a mould maker (tool and die maker) for plastics injection.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maz
I hear you! I'm in the Chicago suburbs. 10 years ago the area our house is in was open farmland. Illinois loses huge amounts of fertile farmland every year to house construction, with no end in sight. When we came over here a road near my in-laws' house was literally a gravel track. Now it's a dual carriageway with a huge central reservation (or "4-lane divided" in U.S.-speak), with massive houses all around, starting at 400K (US... about $650K NZ). We semi-joke that there can only be so many vice presidents at General Motors, to afford these houses. People live in debt to others here. It's a way of life. We're some of the few odd ones out. People think I'm strange when I turn down a store credit card to "save" 10%. I just tell them I don't need any more credit cards. I get the most weird looks.
Oh god don't remind me - I'll be off on another one of my Gemini induced rants!!!

Geez i'm glad i got out of that place!!!!

Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
You get 10 points for "doing the ironing" do you?

Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:05 pm
Maz

Oh god don't remind me - I'll be off on another one of my Gemini induced rants!!!

Geez i'm glad i got out of that place!!!!

*snort* Go right ahead!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:14 pm
Banned

You get 10 points for "doing the ironing" do you?

Dont worry I got my own back. She wont be asking me to do the ironing again

Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
*snort* Go right ahead!
Nah! Had enough to do ranting at Brussel_Sprout over his ignorance of global economic fundamentals already!!!

Maybe after a weekends rest!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.