Hanover Finance

Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:25 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hanover Finance

Originally Posted by Jokerman
Not much to add to that...if it's any consolation :

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference....

And a shovel to bury the bodies

Actually, probably best I don't make jokes about that kind of thing.

Good luck with getting some of the money back.

Last edited by Kiwiprincess; Jul 25th 2008 at 2:27 am.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:46 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
The hardest part is the directors can afford to build million dollar houses and give themselves a 41 million bonus thats a fair chunk of money, it's got to be criminal that.
Easy on - these so called bonuses are dividends from historic profits, and were made while the company was apparently profitable. Its easy to get emotional and start painting these guys at fat cats, but in my reading of the press so far the only question raised has been about their recent advertising. If this thing does fall over then the two main shareholders will be losing more money than any debenture holder.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:55 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southerner
Easy on - these so called bonuses are dividends from historic profits, and were made while the company was apparently profitable. Its easy to get emotional and start painting these guys at fat cats, but in my reading of the press so far the only question raised has been about their recent advertising. If this thing does fall over then the two main shareholders will be losing more money than any debenture holder.
Oh Genesis, you poor thing. My sincere sympathies to you. I so hope you get something close to what you need back.

I don't think anyone would wish this on anyone else. Try not to get too stressed or you'll make yourself ill.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

When I first started work in NZ in 2001 for a financial company the boss told me that NZ was "The Wild West of Investor protection". I took this warning to heart and bought property.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:22 am

Jokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant future

Nice one. Pour salt in the wounds. Like we should have any sympathy for these scum! Yeah, right.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:55 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jokerman
Nice one. Pour salt in the wounds. Like we should have any sympathy for these scum! Yeah, right.
Lets lynch them here and now then.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:21 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad idea.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Not a bad idea.
You guys are all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo kind..did not expect any such sympathy...you are all wonderful....thank you a thousand times for your words of wisdom and consolation..you are all truly wonderful people..thank you again!!!!

Warm regards (albeit from penury)

Dom the church mouse!!!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Practical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant futurePractical has a brilliant future

I'm also very very sorry to hear of your misfortune. Having got my fill of grey hair I'm very sensitive to issues like this where a lifetimes effort can be swept away so easily. I'm presuming NZ does not have any form of financial scheme in place to cover deposited funds ? Well I'm sure that must be the case as you would have looked into this by now for sure.

One thing and please understand this is not criticism. For others take this as a warning never ever concentrate your capital in one institution when the risk is not covered and indeed even when it is.

I hope you at least get some form of payout. Life can be a bitch.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dom, only just caught up with this post. Really sorry to hear the cr*p news mate. Wish there was something I could say....bugger!!
Keep your ever positive chin up hey,

Last edited by j19fmm; Jul 25th 2008 at 2:44 pm. Reason: sp
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Adventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to all

Ludicrous thing to say! What evidence do you have?

There is every likelihood that they may actually gain massive amounts from the situation due to their fingers/ownership in a number of companies that Hanover has loaned to. Probable that at the end of the day the loans will be sold off to the borrowers at a reduced amount. At the moment these scum are saying ambiguous bits and pieces about ensuring the lenders do not lose out etc.. This often happens to deflect flak but in the end prove worthless, unfounded and not carried through

You also say
'Lets lynch them here and now then.'

I say Yes.

Would not the world be a far better place if there was a sort of 'star chamber' vigilante justice done?
Send out death squads to kill people who are corrupt, who do evil against others, people like Mugabe, the military leaders in Myanmar and many others. I would suggest, despite the odd mistake, that the world would be a far better place if people knew they and their families may suffer real consequences for their actions. The reason there are so many people causing so much crap in the world is due to the likelihood of little redress or consequences.
People often say ' the end justifies the means' as being dangerous and not correct etc.. I say not true.
I am convinced that executing a whole raft of the worlds scum would benefit the world a lot more than the disadvantages.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:57 am
Here in Dunedin

Originally Posted by Adventurer
Ludicrous thing to say! What evidence do you have?
I've already said enough on this thread, thanks...I just hope for Dom's and others' sakes that a decent restructuring is agreed to, because receivership and a firesale of property would be the worst result possible.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen the thread Dom, hope you get all you are owed and some, bad news at all levels.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Just seen the thread Dom, hope you get all you are owed and some, bad news at all levels.
Cheers mate, you know I would not mind wait years for my hard earned life savings. Losing what you thought was a safe bet is quite galling..as I said the company was so well respected, offering the least interest had (and still has) some great people on board. I really hope that the concenus is to go for an elongated repayment period...I read today that its intended to pay interest during said moratorium..which is nice.

I am over the really blue stage..after all its only money..why didn't I diversify more? Good question..and great lesson learned! I have my health, wonderful wife and children and a roof over my head..theres even food in the larder and a few beers in the fridge..so its not ALL bad aye????
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

dom , just seen thread , god mate soooo sorry to hear the news, hope it sorts itself out & you get your hard earned cash back. Remember you are rich in so many ways namely the beautiful kids you have & the lovely wife & your a top bloke. Take care, lots of love & best wishes to you all, praying for a good outcome xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.