Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hands Free UK Land Line Phone

Hands Free UK Land Line Phone

Old Nov 5th 2012, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hands Free UK Land Line Phone

Does anyone know if this type of telephone (wireless roaming type) will work here, I know generally most UK phones do, but dont seem to be able to get ours to work and was wondering if this was due to it being the wireless roaming type. It says 'No Line' on it, and the line is fine as I'm all connected up to broadband etc.

Dont want to go out and buy one if I dont need too.

Thanks

Last edited by ellenarosemary; Nov 6th 2012 at 12:10 am.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 6:14 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hands Free UK Land Line Phone

Just a thought, but as you have broadband do you have an ADSL filter on the line where the phone is plugged in (the little white splitter device) ?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it does, also this house seems to have masses of phone sockets, (at least 2 per room) non of which work, but only one power socket per room (if you are lucky).

Had the line tested yesterday, it rings their end but not ours - now sitting in awaiting the telephone man to come and check it out before 12 hopefully will arrive soon. At least if its a problem at this end the landlord is liable and not us.

Last edited by ellenarosemary; Nov 7th 2012 at 7:47 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:46 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

cool.. good luck with that then .. I just hope the repair man doesnt try to phone you to confirm