hand bag size

Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default hand bag size

Hiya just a wee question

With air NZ you are allowed aswell as your hand luggage a slimline laptop and handbag as personal items . I saw someone say in another post that she took these items and i cant find it. Was just wondering what size of hand bag did is allowed as i was thinking of taking one purly to get more things in hand luggage (wasnt going to take one really but may aswell seeing as im allowed) asking the question as wasnt sure wether they would measure it or anything or was anything said at air port

also when you checking in your luggage and stuff at airport do they check all your hand luggage ? i have never been checked before normally so just wondering what happens etc

ty for any answers

caz
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hand bag size

Yes you are allowed one bit of hand luggage, the size is on their website (i think).

They would x-ray your hand luggage and you are restricted in taking some items, but this too is on the website under security items.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

yea i know about the one peice of hand luggage but as well as that when flying via LA you are also allowed your handbag to which i cant see a size restriction and also a laptop aslong as in a slim line case

how would they know at check in if people had extra say for instance someone was to put extra bag in bottom of pram lol??
Old Nov 30th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

I had the same thought - so bought a large handbag (more like a satchel .. sp?) and wasn't questioned at all - nor made to measure it.

We had our full luggage entitlement - 8 large cases, and we each had 1 piece of hand luggage - yep - ever our 2 year old wore her backpack
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

cool, i will use one of my larger handbags then.. theres us 2 and my 2 year old. We have 4 cases lucys car seat and garys golf bag/case so 6 peices in total. also each has hand luggage and now me and my hand bag lol and slimline laptop
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
yea i know about the one peice of hand luggage but as well as that when flying via LA you are also allowed your handbag to which i cant see a size restriction and also a laptop aslong as in a slim line case

how would they know at check in if people had extra say for instance someone was to put extra bag in bottom of pram lol??
I would certainly check with the airline because we did a fly-drive to America last year and I was not allowed to carry a handbag as an extra piece. However, I was allowed to put it into my hand luggage (weird I know). This was at the time of the restrictions on hand luggage due to the tightened security on liquids.

When we came out to NZ in August this year but not via USA and with Emirates, I was allowed a handbag and hand luggage and there was no limit on the size of the handbag but obviously nothing too big

As Teebrown has said they x-ray your hand luggage and handbag and if they are suspicious about anything they will want to go through it.

Good luck.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

it says your allowed it as a personal item, also a laptop as long as in a slim line case and not a bulky laptop case. it was maybe with the heightened checks they didnt let you last year as i flew in june this year and was allowed a handbag aswell as hand luggage. This what it says in website

{In addition to your allowance, you may also carry on board personal items such as an overcoat, handbag, walking stick, camera or slimline laptop. As a safety precaution, all cabin baggage must be able to fit in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front of you}

just was asking to find out if they had a size restriction on handbag size the way they do with handluggage, but it seems they dont so all is good
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah you'll be fine.

Have a great flight over
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

tyty

it is our ten year anniversary on same day so looks like a romantic meal for 500 lol on the plane
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tyty

it is our ten year anniversary on same day so looks like a romantic meal for 500 lol on the plane
Get the champagne ordered and enjoy. Happy anniversary in advance.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

We were allowed extra until we got to Auckland then on the leg from Auckland to Welly we were told only 1 piece, no handbags or laptops as extra.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

tyty

Find a way to let that little snippet out. you never know your luck.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 11:51 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
We were allowed extra until we got to Auckland then on the leg from Auckland to Welly we were told only 1 piece, no handbags or laptops as extra.

That is the case if you booked your Auckland to Wellington flight separately yes. If you booked it as one ticket from the UK all the way to Wellington then you were told incorrect information as the larger flight allowance prevails in that instance.

It is always worth checking the airlines allowance. At one point Air NZ allowed a ladies handbag in addition to a small daypack/cabin bag, a slimline laptop bag, appropriate reading material for a flight (i could easily read a couple of books in that time), a camera, an umbrella, a coat and a couple of other really random things. They change it every once in a while but often the rules are surprisingly generous.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
Really. I go to Wellington for a day or two most weeks and I take a laptop and a handbag.

So do a lot of others.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

First time we flew down i had handbag and a flight bag and nothing was said, when we came down in Sept the woman on the gate see a few of us on the flight had more than 1 item, so made an announcement on the tanoy that only 1 item of hand luggage was allowed in the cabin. This woman also then randomly stopped people to weigh there hand luggage as well, me being one of them.

May be that attendant was just a Do Goode,r but it is worth checking allowance as you wouldn't want to get caught out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.